Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

99 V8 XLT Explorer Opinions

What are your opinions about a 99 V8 XLT? How many miles is too many for $2700? Thanks
  2. D

1992 Ford Explorer Voltmeter Gauge

Is there a fix to voltmeters reading everywhere but in the middle? I'm trying to return things to as close to factory as possible. I had a 91 Explorer with the same problem (new alt and batt) Thanks
  3. D

Recalibrating the Speedometer

I am going to be switching from a P235/75R15 to a P245/75R16. Reason being is I want to use wheels from a 2002 Ford Ranger. What is the procedure for recalibrating a speedometer for a 1992 Explorer XLT? Right now there are stock size tires (P235/75R15's) and the speedometer reads 5mph faster...
  4. D

1992 Explorer engine temperature and other questions

My 92 explorer smells hot. When I look at the temp gauge it's usually in the middle. It does not smoke. But I notice that around the exhaust manifold it's grimy/greasy. I'm not loosing oil though. Also, the gauges seem to be all over the place, the speed and tach do not operate smoothly, I...
  5. D

1992 Explorer Engine Swap

I have a 1992 Explorer XLT. The engine is getting tired. I want to swap it out for a 2003 Ranger engine and tranny. I particularly need advice on wiring and engine/tranny mounting. Is the tranny going to need some retrofitting for the gear shifter? Or have they kept things pretty...
Back