Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1191 Explorer problems with OD and 4WD

Wow, I had no idea that it was worth so much in parts! The interior is great (except the arm rest thing), the tires are almost brand new, the glass is good, except the windshield has a small pit near the bottom. For the most part the exterior is good, just a rust problem around the gas door, and...
  2. S

410Fortune--- Well, what's a 1991 Explorer that's 4WD, OD, A/C is not working with a fair to rough body, but great running engine worth to you? It passed NYS inspection last week. Has new tires... We bought this for my 18 year old daughter, but I'm not sure if we want the hassle of fixing...
  3. S

No, we haven't looked at the switch yet--we didn't know it existed! (big grin) We'll check that out next. Where's the best place to advertise if we decide to part it? We're not throwing in the towel yet tho... There aren't any lights indicating the OD isn't working, it just won't shift...
  4. S

It seems to be shifting smoothly, but it's kinda hard to tell right now because the u-joints are so bad. The dash switch might be the only thing wrong with the 4WD? We have no lights, or anything so that makes sense. Is there a part number, or is just called a dash switch? Thank you very...
  5. S

We purchased a 1991 Ford Explorer 4x4 at a farm auction for cheap, the engine is great, but it has some other problems, the worst of which are no overdrive and no 4WD. Please note, we are mechanically challenged (but learning!) have a good manual, and not all all afraid of getting our hands...
Back