Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. My 1991 XLT

My 1991 XLT

Pics of my XLT not long after I bought it.. had 116,000 on it then
  2. 1

1992 Explorer overheats

is it full of coolant? and is the coolant up to par? meaning enough anti-freeze in it or too much anti-freeze in it? maybe its time for a flush and a new thermostat.
  3. 1

changing A4LD with exhaust intact (It can be done)

I had to replace my Tranny in my 94 X over the last weekend.. wow.. what a job it became. I had 2nd gear go out on my old tranny so found a tranny from a 91 that was rebuilt not long before it was rolled. the guy sold it to me for 150.00. I thought that was a super great deal for a good working...
  4. 1

i want a deep tone to my explorer

What year is your X roaldd? I have a 1994 XLT. it says you have a 93 under your username? I used to have a 1991 XLT until the garbage man wrecked the rear quarter on it. Taking the dirty side intake tube off and having that lower the RPM is kinda weird. oh well, as long as you have filtered air...
  5. 1

i want a deep tone to my explorer

You took the duct work off that connects the throttle body to the airbox? That would explain your RPM's being lower.. you are no longer dragging air through the MAF sensor and this is conflicting your fuel ratio I believe.. also this is a pretty bad idea to injest non-filtered air straight into...
  6. 1

Transmision Pan Drain Plug

Gee thanks for the reminder of the oil bath I am about to receive.. LOL I get to change out my A4LD This weekend. I lost second gear in the one currently bolted into my X
  7. 1

fuel filter

cutting a high pressure line and patching it back together with rubber hose and clamps is asking for a leak.. even transmission lines should never be spliced with a rubber hose and clamps. the problem is without a barbed end on the cut off line the hose could blow off. Also some rubber hoses...
  8. 1

MattMans 351/d44/9" swap

Why did you pound the heck outta the windsheild?
  9. 1

ball joint job at sears...

I think its kinda silly to just replace just one.. when I go through that much effort of tearing everything apart I put in upper and lower balljoints on both sides all at once.. But I guess when you are paying someone else to do it, it's a different story.
  10. 1

Why naturally.. it always seems the bigger and heavier the parts the harder it is to take apart. in reality these explorers are actually pretty easy to work on for the most part.
  11. 1

I have changed balljoints in two 1st gen explorers now and many other makes of vehicles.. But I always do my own repair work. Even engine changes and rebuilds I guess I like knowing that everything was done properly or atleast then its only me to blame if something should fail.
  12. 1

Greasing Drive shaft/ u joints

replace the factory U-Joints with U-joints that are greaseable.
  13. 1

Friggin' loose Wheel bearings

I shall join the group of "I better stop before I kill someone" I use Channel Lock Pliers when tightening wheel bearings on auto hub sploders aswell. I guess it was 2 years ago now that I first worked on my 91 (replaced balljoints,u-joints,rotors and wheelbearings) and have checked them since...
  14. 1

Leaking, but from where?

Frost Plug Possibly?
  15. 1

Comment by '1991XLT' in media 'finger cleaned up'

EWWWWWWW
  16. 1

Leaking, but from where?

Just to name another highly overlooked cause of coolant leaks is.. the cooling system flush T this is a plastic T installed into a heatercore hose for use of flushing your coolant system.. well I had a coolant leak that I couldnt locate untill one day my plastic T finally let go completely and I...
  17. 1

Doh.. :(

Well.. I guess I am the proud owner of a 91XLT with a tortured rear quarter, and am supposed to like it.. Nobody will take responsibility for it.. and the Police department is just as useless as always.. I guess I will have to buy the quarter from the local wrecking yard for 100 bucks along with...
  18. 1

I looked at that pic also.. and thought I missed something and went out and looked.. just my camera playing tricks on me I guess..
  19. 1

No.. it wasn't found sitting where you see it in the first pic.. the explorer is normally parked in front of my Garage.. The last garage on the building.. which is left side of the dumpster.. and we have been parking there for 2 years now.. there is plenty of room for the truck to empty the...
  20. 1

Well.. I think the Police is now just as convinced as I am that the damage was caused by a garbage truck.. they agree it took a mighty big truck to pull a explorer from its parking spot 20 feet away also the way the sheet metal is torn.. I am sure I am just gonna junk this one out.. I got my eye...
  21. 1

Thanks Everyone for the Kind Words :) and yeah.. I feel like Owning a 4 Cell Mag-Light and pounding someones Gord in.. :rolleyes:
  22. 1

Another picture.. That flap of sheet metal was bent straight out.. I bent it back in so I could drive it to the autobody shop to get an estimate
  23. 1

I actually did go and look at the waste management place for a truck that was damaged or with my paint on it.. well .. I get there and all the trucks are bashed up.. and I did snap a pic of one truck that looked like it could of did the type of damage done.. (I am not saying this is the actual...
  24. 1

Oh.. and this was very early in the morning I assume cause the whole family was sleeping and when the wife went out to go to work she seen our splorer sitting in the middle of the parking lot.. and then came in and got me.. I went out and seen the rear quarter trashed .. anyways.. whatever...
  25. 1

Well.. someone (I think the garbage Man) hit my explorer the other night.. and trashed the rear quarter.. I am really not impressed that it was just a hit and run.. I only have liability insurace :( and got a estimate of 2700 to fix it..
Back