Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Transmission problem

I have 2007 sport trac limited the transmission went at 116,000 miles my mechanic ordered one from moveras he installed reman tranny at116,000 at 125,000 I'm having problems with new tranny my tranny is a 5r55s transmission is there something other then this tranny that will fit my sport trac...
  2. J

transmission slipping

I'd say it's 4 and 5 gear when I'm driving 60 to 70 miles per hour doesn't seem to do it at lower speeds it just seems to rev .im taking this on a long trip and I don't trust the truck
  3. J

transmission slipping

I'd say 4 and 5 gear it happens around 60 to 75 miles per hour.im supposed to take it on long trip and don't trust the truck
  4. J

transmission slipping

I have 2007 Ford Explorer sport trac 4.0 automatic with 104,000 miles my problem is while driving my transmission will not go to next gear range the rpm goes up and truck revs up.it seems to be slipping but not all the time.anyone know of anything that could cause this or does it need replacing...
  5. J

Transmission issue

Transmission Thanks guys I'm gonna get to doing it in the next couple of days thanks for the great advice.jimbo
  6. J

Transmission issue

Transmission Beecoach do you have a 2007 or newer sport trac just wondering because they don't come with dip sticks any more and only serviceable by dealer.i heard there's a fitting on tranny u unscrew to check but needs special tool which I will gladly buy.thanks for writing everyone
  7. J

Transmission issue

Transmission I was told u couldn't do anything with transmission it's not serviceable
  8. J

Transmission issue

Have a 2007 sport trac 4.0 4 wheel drive.need help while driving truck went fine as I started to drive into the mountains my transmission started acting up,it's like I'd step on peddle but truck would rev up but I was barely moving once I started back down hill it came out of it once I hit the...
  9. J

AC and heat

Could anyone tell me what could be causing this,my air conditioning,and heat seem to only work if it's on highest setting.im starting to get fed up with my 2007 sport trac
  10. J

Problem with park

I didn't use parking brake
  11. J

Problem with park

i have a 2007 sport trac limited ,after backing down a boat ramp I put my truck in park when I went to move my truck it wouldn't move out of park I eventually pulled it out of park and know my shifter is off ,park works reverse know lines up with neutral and drive know lines up with 3rd,any idea...
  12. J

Drive shaft

I own a 2007 Ford Explorer sport trac limited I spent 3 weeks looking for drive shaft because the way it's built need to replace whole thing when center bearing goes. called ford parts new drive shaft 850 $,I found Fort Wayne clutch & driveline online 601$ that's with shipping. Fort Wayne...
  13. J

2007 sport trac

Drive shaft yeah worst truck I've ever owned I'm gonna spend the money and do it right,I wrote to ford they could care less all I got was an excuse,and unless theirs a recall everyone with this problem is stuck with crap and an empty wallet
  14. J

2007 sport trac

No machine shops junk yards can't help because its newer the closest one is Missouri I decided not to buy used my luck I'll get a month out of it.the one for 550 corrects the problem by adding universal joint so next time I just disconnect and replace bearing so it's probably worth it.i looked...
  15. J

2007 sport trac

Drive shaft 4 wheel drive and it's a limited the only other drive shaft I could find costs 550 it comes as two piece but it's made with universal joints and its made for my model still a lot of money can't believe all this because center bearing can't be removed I've always owned ford and...
  16. J

2007 sport trac

Drive shaft That's not the part number my part number is 7A24-4K145-GD.price at ford is 850.00 just for drive shaft
  17. J

center support bearing

I have the same year vehicle and problem was told it's a non serviceable part you have to replace whole rear driveshaft
  18. J

2007 sport trac

I bought a 2007 sport trac 4.0 had for a year I just lost the center bearing unfortunately I'm told the whole rear drive shaft has to be replaced I've checked every junk yard no one has one does anyone have any advice or info on where I can get a replacement other then ford I'm not giving them...
  19. J

help with codes

i have a couple of questions.i went and baught a code scanner.i have a 1996 ford explorer xlt 4.0 a bunch of codes came up one was code po 761 shift solienoid c ckt performance or stuck off.could anyone tell me where the shift solienoid is located ive looked through my book and im wondering if...
  20. J

Transmission problem.

im new to site and hoping to find answers to my problem.i have a 97 explorer xlt 4.0 250,000 miles mint inside and out. my problem is my transmittion started slipping and all of a sudden it wont move it will move forward and backwards about 2 feet but you have to really rev the engine to get...
Back