Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Lift gate glass opens on its own and rear wheels slip easily

Hmm, didn't know they're was a recall. Is it just the lift supports our the actual hinges that connect the glad to the lift gate? Nino
  2. N

I got it up in the air yesterday. The only thing that seemed odd was the wiggle in the front driver side wheel. The pass. side didnt budge, just the driver side. I tried to look at the tierods, but I really wasn't sure on what to look for to see if they were bad. I am going to take it to...
  3. N

Replace Manual Lumbar Support

Ive been using a pillow. I never knew what the knob was for. I think I may tackle it this weekend because long trips have killed my back! Nino
  4. N

Very helpful info. I don't think I'm going to keep her. I may either get a newer explorer or 4 runner.
  5. N

I'm gonna get it checked out to see if anything else is wrong. When I get out, I can hear and "err, err" from the front driver side. Sounds like its the spring/strut area, but I want to confirm. That could possibly be it then. I do press the button a few times on occassion. As for the...
  6. N

having a few issues with my 04 XLS 2wd. There have been quite a few instances where my rear glass just pops open on it's own. I dont press the button on my fob or anything. Ill just see the door ajar light come on. I've also encountered a few driving/traction issues. I feel like there is...
  7. N

recent ac issue...3 and 4 blow the same

Got it. Thank you.
  8. N

Hmmm.... Interesting. Thank you so much for looking into it!! A tremendous help Rondo. Nino
  9. N

Rondo, It was a brand new switch. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. No weird smells either. Wires look to be in good condition. Between that and my ABS light issues, I'm losing my mind! :) Nino
  10. N

It's been a while since I've updated, but here goes. I switched out the dial switch and the blower motor resistor with no success. Any other ideas? Nino
  11. N

Installed KYB's, sway bar bushings and endlinks today....Worst day ever! :(

wow, thats a pretty great deal! Also, be careful with the CV Joint boot ;)
  12. N

those are super easy to do! Im pretty sure if you're small enough, you don't even need to lift the car to do it.
  13. N

It wasn't really all that bad. The best thing I will suggest is to do it with power tools, or have a shop swap the springs. They were the worst part of the install!!! And we did it by hand. Started at 9am and ended at about 9pm. They went in and came out super easy, but the springs just...
  14. N

awesome! Thanks for the info!
  15. N

Could you pass the info along for the blower motor resistor please?
  16. N

Rondo, Thanks again man! I'll hit a local junk yard before the weather gets too bad (hot as h3l1 here in TX). I just replaced the radio bezel, but reused all of my own parts. I figured that I could save some $$ by pulling everything off of it, but after I paid, I was wrong. :(
  17. N

With my ac on Max and fully cold, there is no change from the 3 and 4 settings. What I mean is, when I go from 3 to 4, it blows the same as 3. It just started a couple of days ago. Any thoughts on what I can be? I've also noticed a lot of chirping going on while I drive. It's mainly while...
  18. N

Is FORD DEALER the only place who can read out ABS error codes?

It's done through the OBD II port. You have to set it up to scan for Ford abs codes, not DTCs.
  19. N

DIY lower mesh grill (plasti dip)

I got it at Lowes in the roofing section. It's gutter mesh. So far, it's holding up pretty well.
  20. N

RE: ABS/Cruise Control problem. Might have a fix

it could be on because the pads are getting low and the fluid in the resevoir isn't reading full anymore.
  21. N

rear applique? used anyone? Bueller?

well I just called Ford to file a complaint about the applique.
  22. N

DIY lower mesh grill (plasti dip)

Thanks. It's been fun having time off of school to actually do stuff!
  23. N

Painted my headlights today..pics inside

My girlfriend saw the "range rover lights" thread....I may end up tinting the clear to get the look.
  24. N

Painted my headlights today..pics inside

How about you procrastinate procrastinating? ;)
Back