Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

sway bar, quick disconnects

This is how I made mine for my ranger a while back same thing I will be making for my ex(when I get around to it). Don't remember the exact cost but it was less then you will pay for shipping on the warrior ones. All parts were bought at Tractor Supply. how to write up
  2. K

head gasket help

well I was hoping it was just the waterpump that went south but turns out it is the headgasket as well. What gasket kit will I need to buy, I know I need new headgaskets(thats a given), but what other gaskets need replaced when I pull off the intake and heads?
  3. K

Mustangs

Well this is my first mustang 87 GT, not too many mods, that will soon change I'm sure.
  4. K

Rust Removal

Just wondering what the best way would be to remove rust from sheet metal and underside of body without sandblasting it or using the good ole DA......Is there a chemical stripper? Any help is greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:
  5. K

draw-tite hitch help

that would help I see where the it mounts further up on the frame but not sure where to mount at rear.
  6. K

draw-tite hitch help

I am hoping some one on here has the old style draw-tite hitch (square tube with the 2 braces the mount further back on the frame) If anyone has this style hitch on there 1st gen ex can you get me some pics of how it is mounted. The only place I see to mount is were there are rivots, don't want...
  7. K

show off your LIFTED truck - photo thread

Well here it is 7.5" of lift and 35's with the help of the cut-off wheel. I know, I know I need some action shots, they will be coming I just got the tires on today.
  8. K

6" Finally Done!

Sorry my wife removed the pic, she said the next pic of here will be of her driving the truck. :rolleyes:
  9. K

6" Finally Done!

All done except for re-gearing and a locker. Have to save up for those. Ha ha..... Here is the update: Added F-150 coil spacers, got the trimming done, and the 35's mounted.new pics
  10. K

Me and My Buddy Racing A Supra

rookie here is the skinny on crankwalk all 7 bolt 4g63 can crankwalk even the the 1G 7 bolt. Most 2g guys do the 6 bolt swap to sovle the problem, not to be "hardcore" just to solve the problem. A 6 bolt swap is a pain, and I would never do one again. Also with the turbo you will see higher egt...
  11. K

I will never have another after crankwalk and all the money to I stuck in it to rebuild the car. I am going to a mustang Like I should have in the first place.
  12. K

Another DSM'er has bought an EX nice to see. That car looks familar. Here is my old DSM and my old ranger in the background.:dsm(pic kinda big) 1G swap buschur stage 2 head and block, clipped and ported big16G, and many other mods. But I sold mine because it was nickle and dime'n me to...
  13. K

Rocky Mountain Suspension ??

I have bought several items from rocky mountain the lady that deals with orders is (can't remeber her name) excellent. great customer service. As for truckaddons I never even heard of them.
  14. K

Input on coil choice

Well I soon will have 6" skyjacker coils and superlift coils. My question is which is the better coil to run and for what reason, if possible could you please give first had info. The ex is my daily driver so it does see alot of pavement, with limited trail time. Thanks, Ralph
  15. K

The haunted Explorer

Just an idea but could it be the fuel pump? I know my ranger had simalar issues and it was the fuel pump going bad.
  16. K

planning on a 5.5" lift w/ 33 10.5 15's thornbirds any one running this combination?

almost the same settup I am running a sky jacker 6" with 33x10.5 thornbirds on 15x10 pics personally I hate the thornbirds I am going to be going to 35's soon using spacers and a little fender trimming. welcome to the site , you will find tons of info on here.
  17. K

8" springs?

well actually i think I am going to have a buddy make some in there fab shop to get a full 2" of lift, I am not a big fan of poly spacers.
  18. K

8" springs?

yep, those were the ones. they ended up going for more than what I was going to spend. so on to the next idea. I may have to just through in some spacers and call it good.
  19. K

8" springs?

Is anyone using the skyjacker 8" lift springs with there 6" brackets? I tried to use search but the term 8" isn't long enough. I found some for cheap and wanted to kow if anyone had any allaignment probs with them. Thanks, Ralph
  20. K

where to get longer coil spacer bolts?

actually i found the extender and bolt are both at the local TSC (tractor supply store) try their the people at autozone are going to look at you like your nutz cause the part is not in there computer.
  21. K

6" Finally Done!

thanks, for the compliments. as for a body lift I don't like them and I'm not afraid of lossing some sheet metal to keep a lower center of gravity. The clears I bought at procarparts.com but I recomend looking aroud becuase there price has gone up since I bought mine.
  22. K

6" Finally Done!

tips yeah save a little extra and swap in a straight axle you will be much happier. That is what my next project is.
  23. K

Eagle Alloy 028's

Yes the center cap has the center cut out of it. You will have a hard time finding a rim that will hide your hub. And if you every go to a manual hub you will need to be able to lock and unlock them.
  24. K

Eagle Alloy 028's

here you go pic the pic is a little larg if interested I am thinking about selling them.
  25. K

6" Finally Done!

Well lets start with an update, I haven't put the 35's on yet. been busy with work and other things. Also thinking of getting different rims. But did get brush gaurds and tail gaurds on, thanks looneytunes. Also thinking of SAS. But here are some new pics just a few I took quick----->new pics
Back