Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Need to improve fuel economy!!

You can also do some other cheap things like making sure you have a good panel air filter which can be replace for under $20, making sure your tires are properly inflated, replacing sparks plugs on a high mileage car, ect.
  2. D

Need to improve fuel economy!!

Carguy, as much as i believe you are trying to be honest and helpful, in some towns the job market is so tight you take what you can get. The main factors that will improve your fuel efficiency is driving habits, weight, aerodynamics, and running an efficient engine. Unfortunately the Explorer...
  3. D

37 Airbag code and ABS Light on

Im getting the 37 airbag code still even after replacing the resistors under both seats. Ive traced the wiring and there are no frayed wires or anything. Any ideas? Also my ABS light is on after a crash, what there are two plugs that go down to where the abs wheel sensor are, one of which...
  4. D

Electrical Issue

I just took it to a shop and the 19 code just needed to be cleared. Any harm in not replacing the unit if it was just the 19 error code-crash memory full? Also just found out what was causing my problems. There was a wire in the harness that runs under the radiator to the right side headlight...
  5. D

Electrical Issue

Just as an update, replaced light and capacitor and a getting a 19 error code. Looked up the error code and it says crash data full. I checked a wiring diagram and the ac blower grounds at the restraints module...hmm.
  6. D

Electrical Issue

WHere should i look. My passenger fender and radiator mount were replaced. I Only see one bunch of wires that ground at the passenger fender and none floating around.
  7. D

Electrical Issue

bump
  8. D

Nook Color Tablet as Headunit

I will be putting everything into my new car whenever i one. Its currently working right now but I don't have the dash fully sanded or painted. Defiantly don't go with a nook use a nexus because there is a rom specifically built for in car installs. The beringer works perfect and is recognized...
  9. D

Electrical Issue

I wrecked my explorer about three weeks ago and i just got it back from the body shop. The did a horrible job and i didn't end up paying them the full price (Only PIP on the car). I immediately noticed that there are two issues going on with the explorer. Keep in mind both airbags did deploy...
  10. D

Electrical issue! Is it my Clyinder switch?

I wrecked my explorer about three weeks ago and i just got it back from the body shop. The did a horrible job and i didn't end up paying them the full price (Only PIP on the car). I immediatly noticed that there are two issues going on with the explorer. Keep in mind both airbags did deploy. 1)...
  11. D

Just as kinda an update to this, not that many people cared :p. Crashed my explorer before i got this totally installed. Will be getting my car back soon but an getting another car.
  12. D

Nexus 7 should be in tomorrow.
  13. D

Some more stuff: Behringer UCA202 Audio Interface http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000KW2YEI/ref=oh_details_o04_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 PowerGen Dual USB 3.1A 15w High Output Car Charger http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0088U4YAG/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 USB Panel mount (i...
  14. D

Could you further explain>
  15. D

I just wanted to update and say that i am still working on this project but i stopped until the price of the nexus 7 drops. Google I/O is this week and with the announcement of the new nexus the price will drop and ill pick up an old model. It will actually fit better into the piece that i made...
  16. D

How to: Replace Old Chrome Side Trim

My car has been plagued with the chrome on the sides becoming faded and getting moisture between the layers. I have been wanting to replace these for a while but didnt want to go taking anything off the car that i could not fix. Well i was washing my car the other day and the piece of chrome...
  17. D

So In this post i will be detailing two other parts of this project. THe first is moving the Ac controls down to the lower console and the second is making a fiberglass switch pod for the overhead console. The first thing i did was remove the ac controls and the lower console. After removing the...
  18. D

For the last few months on an off i have been working on utilizing a Nook Color tablet as a headunit for my ford explorer. I wanted a double din screen but I did not want to spend i whole bunch of money setting it up. I could have bought a cheap pioneer double din but I hate how crappy the...
  19. D

Remove side trim

but its this crappy plastic...i just want to paint the off white/plastic colered/chrome plates thing down the side. If i just paint it without sanding i doubt it will stick.
  20. D

Remove side trim

How do i remove these side trim pieces? The part with the worn out chrome on it. I am going to take it off and paint the chrome black, because the faded/chipped plastic chrome looks really bad.
  21. D

Hole in egr valve hose

anybody?
  22. D

Hole in egr valve hose

in the picture i have fixed it, but he really jammed it between the block and that hose to get it out of the way, either way i need to figure out how to remove it so i can go down to pick and pull and get one.
  23. D

Hole in egr valve hose

So i had a guy do some work on my car replacing the radiator, long story short he crammed my alternator wire in between the hose that goes from the plastic intake piece on the top of the engine and the EGR valve. This resulted in an arc to take place which destroyed my alternator wire and burnt...
Back