Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Mean Gene

Solved Odd mix of problems 97 Ranger ext cab XLT 4.0 A/T 4x4 SAS

I hope it can be of help to someone. Cause man oh man was I goin nutz tryin to find it...
  2. Mean Gene

Found it!!! feed wire to blower motor had shorted to ground wire in circuit G103 on passenger side radiator support. It was feeding 12v to all accessories in that ground circuit
  3. Mean Gene

Ok problems all started when I changed battery cable ends. Connections are tight, didnt use chimpy lead ends. Nothing arched, etc... no issues before, but now... 1, blower motor is constant on high. regardless of speed position. Even blows with resistor unplugged. 2, Airbag light flashing...
  4. Mean Gene

SMORR 2011....Official thread

Please add me to the attending list good sir. The Explorer will be done. :)
  5. Mean Gene

SMORR MO 2010--July 16,17, & 18th

Gotta work til8 Friday night. Driving down straight from work. Gonna be at the park 10ish.Will have a cherokee on 38's and a comanchee on 39's following me down. Hope we can catch up with a hardcore night run. Posted via Mobile Device
  6. Mean Gene

Good to see the attendee list turning mostly GREEN!!!! Gonna be a wicked good time!
  7. Mean Gene

OOPS...Its 60... Yeah, what Gman said... LOL
  8. Mean Gene

Unclemike, Im thinkin it is 160... Vere off RIGHT before McDonalds n follow to a 4 way stop youll come to in Seymour. Turns sharp RIGHT there. Then you go down a few blocks to a stop sign n turn sharp RIGHT there too. Then a couple more blocks to another stop sign n sharp LEFT. Your now on the...
  9. Mean Gene

If memory serves, there are 2 parts houses on the town square. (I had to hit em both 2 trips ago)... And as far as open seats, Im thinkin I'll have an open bench in the back of the Bronco... If someone wants to "roll" <- (possibly the literal use of the word LOL) down some 4's n 5's with me and...
  10. Mean Gene

Sounds like a great idea. I would like to go back to SMORR during the fall 4xfest... maybe have a small get together then.
  11. Mean Gene

I hate to admit this, but facts are facts.... I dont think the Explorer will be done in time to take in July. Wish it wasnt this way, but work schedule has been pretty intense. So that being said, this trip will be the Bronco's final voyage to the woods. It will suffer greatly from my right...
  12. Mean Gene

Atleast your engine is in place. LOL. I still need to build 4 link and cage too. :(
  13. Mean Gene

Finally figured out how to start an album. Posting pics there if anyone wants to see the carnage. I'll start a build thread as I self educate. Spent too many hours in shop class and not enough in computer literacy I guess.
  14. Mean Gene

Ill know more closer to go time, but its looking like the 86 F350, the Comanchee, and the Cherokee (work schedules pending). I think the ranger is already signed up...
  15. Mean Gene

Those videos on page 12 really got me wanting to get the Explorer finished up so I dont have to take the Bronco out again. LOL. For the record, the tires on the Bronco are 39.5 Iroks, not 37's. Not that its a big difference, but point is, theres some decent rocks there. I wanna go up Rattler in...
  16. Mean Gene

Been workin good sleeping hours away trying to get everything done. I got a long way to go (or so it feels like) on the Explorer, but it will be done it looks like. I dont know who wants it done worse... Me or my kids. They like the fact that they wont have to duck every time we come uppon a low...
  17. Mean Gene

May have about 5 others headed down with me. 89 Ranger SAS on 37's, old school Bronco on 38's, whats left of an 86 F350 on 42's, a Jeep Comanche on 38's, and a Cherokee on 39's...
  18. Mean Gene

Oh man, that pic isnt helping my cabin fever ANY! LOL. Corkey Im stoaked to see your gonna be there again.
  19. Mean Gene

SVO42's 1-ton SAS

Looks good Brian. You still need a Sterling hub? I have one I'll give ya. Would be a good excuse to take a peak at the beast n catch up. Maybe give you a hand if ya would like. Havn't seen ya since SMORR, which your going to be there again, right? :p:
  20. Mean Gene

Been busy as a puppy with two tails... Really lookin forward to hittin some trails.
  21. Mean Gene

Count me in plus one please. I'll try the Big Dawg run... :) Hopefully will have the new bugy done by then. Starting on it mid March. Had a blast last year and lookin forward to seeing everyone again.
  22. Mean Gene

Return from SMORR

I'm gonna do my best to be there again guys. My wife should be there for the whole weekend if we do make it, so I'll probably have her drive some during the day, and I'll get loco at night. ( I'll be bringing spare axles this time so I can stop cannibalizing my driver) LOL
  23. Mean Gene

Return from SMORR

LOL! yeah, had a few hitch hikers. One held on tight "stuck" in the door jamb all the way home. Oh, and I can add one thing to the carnage list: I ripped my anti-wrap bar almost off the frame... That was the hideous clunking noise it kept making under "aggressive" accelaration. Good times.
  24. Mean Gene

Return from SMORR

Hmmm... Hidden carnage... I think I have a new dent on the passengers side. LOL!
Back