Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

Will a 4.0 SOHC from a 2000 Work in a 1997?

I had to use the original wiring harness. The 1997 harness worked for my engine, the newer harness would not match up to the plug ins on the chasis. Thanks for the reply, let me know how yours turns out, Mike
  2. P

How to: 2nd Gen Blend Door Quick Fix

Well I went over there and started talking to the clerk and they were all out of the kits with the gauge on them so he started telling me about how it could be low on oil or freon and that if I overfilled it I could damage the seals so I decided to leave it alone for now. It still blows cold but...
  3. P

Ok, Thanks Dean, I,m on my way to Autozone.
  4. P

Thats where I,m at too, I just wonder if you can actually overfill or will it stop when its full? Thanks for your time Also which fix did you go with?
  5. P

Any A/C Experts Out There? :(
  6. P

How would I know if I need freon? I live in Yuma AZ and the temp is usually around 105 my a/c seems to be cold at the vents but it doesnt make it back to me in the drivers seat. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time. Mike
  7. P

Dumb Question What type tranny fluid 5 spd auto?

ty, Somebody on here said Mercon V had been discontinued was why I asked but they still carry it at Autozone. Thanks for the help
  8. P

Clear Coat Engine Comp. Good or Bad Idea?

In the past I have always sprayed my engine compartments with clearcoat but with this 4.0 sohc engine I wanted to get some feedback before I do this. I,m not talking about going wild with the stuff but it does make it look sharp and very easy to keep clean. Is there any areas that I...
  9. P

How To: Fix Recliner Lever for FREE

I,ll have to call my local ford and see if they will honor it. Thanks
  10. P

How To: Fix Recliner Lever for FREE

Hey Stic-o if you do decide to buy a new seat I would buy your broken handle from you. I just bought my exp and had to put a new engine in and this piece is missing so let me know if don,t mind. Thanks Mike
  11. P

Ball joints & control arms.

Sorry about that, I,m so use to seeing older listings I didn,t realize you had just posted this. Where did you order your parts from? Thanks, I,m looking forward to hearing how it goes, and the price was really reasonable for the parts.
  12. P

Ball joints & control arms.

Hey Airplane Guy, I was wondering how your ball joints & control arms replacement went? I,m looking at doing the same thing as my tires are leaning at the top. Also do you remember roughly how much it cost you to do this? Thanks for your time, Mike
  13. P

Fr Tires Lean In at Top, What Needs To be Fixed?

Ok, I,ll do that. Thanks for the feedback.
  14. P

Fr Tires Lean In at Top, What Needs To be Fixed?

I have a 97 EB 4x4 4.0 sohc and just recently had to replace the sway bar links. I havent had this very long (1 mo) and replaced the engine due to timing chain parts found in the oilpan. The guy said it was running when he started the fix but I didn,t want to take any chances. (as we all know...
  15. P

How to: How To: Drivers Exterior Door Handle Replacement

Can this latch be the problem if all else is ok? I put a new plastic clip in because it was broke and (everything else seems to be working properly) I cannot enter from outside door handle. I have to reach inside to open the door. I thought for sure the yellow clip was going to solve the...
  16. P

Interior Lighting Question.

Yes, mine is a 2nd gen also.
  17. P

Are you having the same problem?
  18. P

I believe it. lol I am hanging in mid air, I think the prior owner has unhooked something.
  19. P

Hi crankcase can you elaborate on why there would be no chime when headlights are left on or keys left in ignition along with the front doors not activating the domelight when all other doors do? Thanks in advance, Mike
  20. P

Dome light doesnt work for front doors?

Are these switches hard to change out? Thanks for the reply
  21. P

No, but I do for all other doors.
  22. P

:us: Would anyone know which fuse # is for the front doors on a 97 EB Explorer or is something possibly unhooked? When I open the back doors the dome lights work and the door panel lights even work on the front doors. But when I open either front door nothing happens. I have looked in the owners...
  23. P

How To: Remove the dash from a 2nd Gen!

Great pic. Mine was broke also and I was able to take a zip tie and put mine back together at the correct setting. Not sure how long it will hold but so far so good.
  24. P

Rick can you send me a pic of what I need to take off in the engine compartment so I dont mess something up? Thanks
Back