Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

Antenna Base replacement 04 Explorer

Thank you RickM and Merc02 for the replies. Unfortunately it broke off below the outer ring line so I wont be able to slot it out! I think I found a new favorite parts site! :thumbsup:
  2. A

Antenna Base replacement 04 Explorer

Good Morning all, I have a 2004 Explorer Limited. I have a bit of a situation here. A few weeks ago I bought one of those cheap stubby replacement mast. A car wash later the antenna mast was decapitated, the threaded piece is now stuck in the antenna base as it was sheared off... Any...
  3. A

Illuminated entry mod

This is true, my saving grace would be because they are LED's there is very little current draw. Since the puddle lamps fade off (they have some sort of dimming feature) would this cause issues when trying to trip the relay?
  4. A

Illuminated entry mod

Why of course... I feel dumb now hahaha. Thanks everyone for the answers,, will let you know how it goes this weekend :salute:
  5. A

Illuminated entry mod

If i do wire them to the puddle lamps, won't the puddle lamps turn on when I use my fog lights?
  6. A

Illuminated entry mod

The new X's have a nice feature, when you hit the unlock button on your key fob, the fog lights come on along with the puddle and interior lights. Has anyone tried or figured out how to recreate this with a 04 ex? As of right now, the unlock on the stock key fob activates everything except...
  7. A

How to: Wire in Factory Sub to Aftermarket Stereo

Not trying to threadjack or anything, I am actually trying to do the opposite, bypass the factory sub+amp and use an aftermarket sub/amp, has anyone done this before. 2004 Limited with premium sound and sub
  8. A

04 Limited with Audiophile, aftermarket amp +sub

http://akamaipix.crutchfield.com/products/2004/120/x120705517-f.jpeg I just found this on another forum, think it is what you were talking about? Would this let me bypass the factory sub amp, provided I hook up a remote on and power to my new amp?
  9. A

Thank you JR. So this adapter that you speak of, does it connect to the subs amp harness? "Therefore doors would go to your Amp, but then the Sub would also have to go to your Sub Amp and bypass the factory Sub Amp. " The doors have to go through the speaker amp on the head unit and they...
  10. A

I had to figure that out about the plugs when I was searching for my ipod adapter, I think mine are the phase II 16/ 22 pin connectors. Do you see any problem in splicing in before the Audiophile amp and using that sub line for my new amp/sub combo?
  11. A

Thanks for the welcome and the quick reply Donner. That link will def help me a little, I have yet to take off the panel to get a look at the amp and sub so the pictures gave me a little insight. I am hoping I don't have to go to a aftermarket head unit, I like my setup right now with an PIE...
  12. A

Has anyone had any experience with an 04+ model? I am trying to find wiring diagrams for my 04 X Limited with the factory amp and sub so I can put in my aftermarket amp and my Kicker L7. I see many people have posted diagrams for the 01 and down but I am pretty sure that wont work for me. If I...
Back