Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Short buzz sound when coming to stop

how do I ID which fuses or relays to pull for the ABS?
  2. S

the boneyard rotors have the sensor sprocket (I described them as the notches or fins earlier) My son said the ABS light on the dash lit up today. Not sure why it would fail coincident with rotor swap, though. If I pull ABS fuse will the dash light go out? I know if I disable ABS if drops...
  3. S

Thanks for the info on the electronic module on teh transmission hump. Not sure if it is related though...and the brake sound isn't like the door chime but I can poke around. Great suggestion on the battery. I won't be able to get to the vehicle until next weekend but I will try the battery...
  4. S

Yea, I will pull the fuses. My son has the vehicle now I pulled the rotors myself. I didn't check the VIN for the date but it was a Gen 1...not a 95...and the notches/fins looked like my 94. The buzz occurs just as the wheels stop and there is no change in pitch. It is kind of like the...
  5. S

It is not the pads. The pads are broken in and stop fine. It is an electronic buzz lasting about 1-2 seconds just as the vehicle comes to a complete stop. The buzz seems to come from around the transmission hump, not the brakes themselves. That's why I suspect something in the ABS. Maybe the...
  6. S

I recently replaced the rotors on my 94 Explorer 5-speed manual. I am the original owner I used rotors from a 1st gen Explorer from a junkyard...the junkyard rotors were never turned and in good shape. I cleaned the rotors, replaced the bearings, replaced the pads, and put it together like all...
  7. S

1993 Ford Explorer help needed. My speedometer is not working.

if the odomoter is not working either, it may be the cable. Odometer and speedo work off the same cable. If the odometer is working, may be a broken spring or stuck needle...unlikely but possible. Check the cable on the transmission and check behind the IP--the cable clips on with a white...
  8. S

Oil light on 94 won't go off

Thanks for the pics. Nice looking engine The problem is the idiot light below the IP won't go off. The gage on the IP shows good pressure and appears to worki properly, but the "check oil" idiot light stays illuminated. My 16 year old son has been driving my old vehicle--the problem...
  9. S

The engine has 125k. I am original owner and used synthetic oil since new (started after break-in). Seems to have oil pressure (per gage). Engine runs great. No sound of lifters
  10. S

The "check oil" light won't reset on my 94 Explorer. I changed the oil and the level is good. In the past, if the light came on, I just changed the oil and it went off automatically. How do I reset it? thanks
Back