Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

metal rattle when i put 02 in reverse

i jut noticed this morning that when i start my 02 ford explorer 4.6L 4x4 it makes this slight clinking sound almost like the fan is rubbing against something. Doesn't happen everytime but i notice that this has happened more often over the past week. I heard it once when driving but thought...
  2. P

code p1131 & p1151 check engine question

thanks, jk7294, gives me a few avenues to run down.
  3. P

code p1131 & p1151 check engine question

i got both of these codes for 2 days in severe cold teens temp and the check engine light came on. today it's 50 degrees and the check engine light is no longer on in my 2002 4.6ltr eddie bauer 4x4 should i start by replacing the mass air flow sensor?
  4. P

right front window won't go down...

thanks for your help...i'll start with the diagram!
  5. P

right front window won't go down...

I have a 2002 Explorer Eddie Bauer 4.6L Passenger side front window will not operate from the driver side door controls or the front passenger door controls. all other windows and lock work from drive side and the lock works on the passenger side. starting about the same time, I'm had the red...
  6. P

2002 Explorer V8 AC compressor cost?

thanks for the detailed response.....much cheaper to do it myself. I'll have to read up and see if i can tackle it
  7. P

2002 Explorer V8 AC compressor cost?

It looks like I need to replace my ac compressor in my 2002 v8 explorer and it looks like it's a job to get to it. the compressor is deep under there isn't it. Might be more than I can handle myself to replace on my own with my limited knowledge/skills What's a ballpark price to replace an AC...
  8. P

A/C compressor problem or clutch

thanks 2Trux, Yeah, I'll check into replacing the compressor.
  9. P

A/C compressor problem or clutch

I'm hearing something that sounds like it's bouncing randomly around when i engage the air conditioner (sounds like shaking a rock in a sealed plastic bowl) also....every once and awhile when i turn it on a hear something that sounds like clutch slippage for a split second and i can feel a...
  10. P

Where is this engine whistle/hum coming from?

thanks Elliot, It didn't sound like it was coming from that area, but i'll check again to see if that's possible
  11. P

Where is this engine whistle/hum coming from?

I have this sound coming from the engine. Any thoughts what this might be and how to stop it? Is it serpentine belt? https://drive.google.com/file/d/16nD1-Z8hy1RhPTonWBi5Wvoo_gipep9Ncg/view?usp=sharing
  12. P

check engine light, replaced o2 sensor, now light back on???

hi SoHK, not exactly sure i understand... do you mean could they have been wired incorrectly? if that's what you mean, I don't think they are cross wired as this is the only O2 sensor that has ever been replaced. If i'm not understanding you correctly, i'd appreciate more details...
  13. P

check engine light, replaced o2 sensor, now light back on???

I'm getting a p0156 code (02 circuit bank 2 sensor 2) and I replaced the driver side O2 sensor for the downstream check engine light went off for a day or 2 and is now back on giving me the same error code what should i be looking at next? 2002 explorer eddie bauer 4.6L 4x4
  14. P

locating oxygen sensor

thanks for your help, EXPLORER04
  15. P

locating oxygen sensor

I'm getting a P0156 code (02 circuit, Bank 2, sensor 2) Want to see if replacing the oxygen sensor will help I read another post that mention it was driver side downstream on the left of the tramsmission but I can only find one on the right side of the transmission see pics attached...
  16. P

P0745 code with trans. flaring

I'm getting the P0745 Generic Pressure Control Solenoid A, and it's flaring between gears 2 and 3. It's not Missing any gear. I remember someone saying that flaring versus missing a gear might lead to different possible solutions. This transmission was rebuilt less than 1 year ago and...
  17. P

AC quit...compressor?

yes, i do have cool air. but still trying to figure out why cool air stopped for 4-5 days, what caused it and how to stop it from happening again
  18. P

AC quit...compressor?

yes compressor is back functioning again, ac is working and refrigerant is in the normal range and does not need to be added to
  19. P

AC quit...compressor?

the high side pressure is rapidly fluctuating up and down shaking in the hoses pretty strong sounds like bad news.....does this mean the compressor is bad?
  20. P

AC quit...compressor?

can you add refrigerant if the compressor is not working? I just tried adding refrigerant and it doesn't seem to be taking any in. can is attached securely but when i pull the trigger a few times to apply it the refrigerant acts like it's backed up in the hose nosel and then shoots out a...
  21. P

AC quit...compressor?

The ac quit on my 2002 Explorer 4.6l eddie bauer. air still blows, just not cold, if i turn up the heat, it will blow hot air. I was told it was the ac control module in the dash, i replaced it and it didn't fix the issue. just checked the ac compressor clutch and it's not spinning with...
  22. P

what is the name of this AC module?

took it to the ford dealer and they told me it the air conditioning control module that is going bad but ford no longer makes the part. this is a 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer 4.6l v8 4x4 Googling the "air conditioning control module" returns alot of different parts and RockAuto gives me lots...
  23. P

what is the name of this AC module?

edit: my second post has more info on what part I'm trying to locate I"m starting to notice this from time to time...but not all the time when i turn the ac on, it will blow air fine but at the ambient temperature then will cool after about 30 seconds..much longer than it ever has in the...
  24. P

window stopped working, what part is this?

passenger driver side window stopped moving up and down sounded like i heard something break off and fall in the door panel when it quit can hear that motor still engauges when i push the window switch for up and down and motor will work thru the cycle and stop at the top point (where the...
  25. P

transmission: flush and/or filter ????

getting the code: P0796 Transmission fluid pressure (TFP) solenoid “C” - performance or stuck Off I have a mechanic that i trust that's done transmission work for me in the past on another vehicle and i'd like to take this back to him....problem is he's an hour and 15 minutes away by...
Back