Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Any 2006's NOT have a leaking radiator?

I shouldn't have commented on this thread a couple of months ago. I will now be installing my 4th radiator and we have just over 85k miles....this sucks. At least the radiator has a lifetime warranty, so I'm only out the shipping one way. I wish my wife didn't like the vehicle so much...I'm...
  2. B

Any 2006's NOT have a leaking radiator?

I've definitely thought about an aftermarket aluminum radiator. You can get two rows for about $200 and make it work and like you said an external trans cooler wouldn't be hard to mount. I will probably do this after my 3rd radiator starts to leak. It should be any day now.
  3. B

2006 explorer radiator

My third radiator is now leaking with only 74,000 miles. I had ford replace the first one under warranty, but I replaced the second one and also had the pcm update that everyone suggested. I have had the "updated" ford radiator and the cheap one off of ebay. I really don't think it matters...
  4. B

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

So you say you can raise and lower it manually, but can you lock it in the upright position?
  5. B

3rd row electric seat back won't elevate.

Has anyone replaced it before? Do you have any tips?
  6. B

Adding Transmission Fluid to '06 4.0 V6

I just loosened the set screw in the drain plug on the transmission pan and fluid came out, so I'm assuming it's good. Of course, the truck was up to operating temperature, level, and running.
  7. B

2006 explorer radiator

I had the dealership reprogram the PCM today according to TSB 09-8-01 even though no one there could tell me what they were actually changing. We'll see how long the new radiator lasts......
  8. B

2006 explorer radiator

I had the dealership replace my radiator (33K miles) with a ford unit they said was "new and improved" but it only lasted 20K miles. I just finished replacing it with a cheap $78 one off Ebay. I'll let you know how long it lasts. I did talk to a tech from the dealership and he said they had...
  9. B

Adding Transmission Fluid to '06 4.0 V6

I have an '06 Ford Explorer with the 4.0 V6. I just changed the leaking radiator and now I'm wondering how to check/add the transmission fluid that leaked out. When I disconnected the transmission lines from the radiator, a small amount of fluid leaked. Is there a way for me to add fluid...
Back