Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

1998 Explorer 5.0

I had an '01 AWD that I beat the snot out of for 110,000 miles. No tranny, engine or tranfer case problems ever. I ran 32" MTRs (heavy ass tires)and lit them up whenever possible. :)
  2. T

Section525 - Explorer V8 D44 SAS

straight pimpin'.
  3. T

I got a new truck..

welcome to the darkside
  4. T

2nd row navi buckets (up front) pictures

You going to dye them green? :p Looks nice.
  5. T

Section525 - D44 2nd gen. leaves SAS

Cali gansta lean?
  6. T

What amp to run with Alpine Type-R's?

I've got the 605. I like it.
  7. T

My quest for 30 MPG - Ford Explorer Gas Mileage Tips

God gave you a special gift aldive. God gave you patience. 55mph on I-75 would have me commited to the closest loony bin. 85 on I-75 is more like it for me.
  8. T

My new tow rig PICS (limo)

Sweet jesus. That thing rocks.
  9. T

starting over again- expo5.0s registry

150 bones, hell yes you got a good deal btw, you have lost your mind :) That truck is crazy. have fun
  10. T

Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300

You could put a lickin' on me except for on a rainy day. I have seen 4 other black ones just like mine around here.
  11. T

Audi TT VS. Lexus IS300

I had a 99.5 A4 quattro with the 1.8T. I LOVED that thing. I sold it to my best friend when I got the explorer. He still has it w/ 100k+ miles on it. I LOVED that engine and still think about it. Thats saying alot considering I now have an LS2 under the hood. Forget the rice, get the kraut.
  12. T

civic vs. plastic mail box who do you think won?

Just take both doors and the back hatch off and be like that car/buggy they had on Fantasy Island.
  13. T

spinning tires

AWD power slides are cooler :p
  14. T

Stereo installed in new truck.

The spare hangs under the truck like in an Explorer.
  15. T

Stereo installed in new truck.

I installed a stereo in my new cheby. :p I didn't want a big box taking up room in the back, like all my previous installs, so I created a false floor. The Trailblazer has a hatch in the floor of the cargo area and I utilized this space for the sub enclosure. I am 95% done...
  16. False Floor 3

False Floor 3

17. False Floor 2

False Floor 2

18. False Floor 1

False Floor 1

19. T

Another Stereo Question

If your going to add speakers and then a sub, don't bother trying to integrate into the stock setup. Just wait, get everything together and replace the stock setup completely.
  20. T

audio system help

Corner defrost vents work great for imaging. Block of the vents w/ polyfill and set the tweeters in place and put the covers back on. Wiring is tough to snake through, but doable with a coat hanger to snake them through.
  21. T

New STS 1/8th mile times 8.55@82.31mph

WOW, thats sweet :) Gotta love the sleeper aspect of an explorer sport going that quick
  22. T

washed up + few new things

Your Ford emblem is crooked :p
  23. T

My 99 merc. leans to the drivers front any ideas?

Advice - Get a fat girlfriend. Pretty much all explorers from the begining of explorer time have leaned a little. I had 3 explorers and they all did it (91, 94 and 2001). It gives it character.
  24. T

new pics...freshly shaven

Do the shopping carts in Alaska have skis in place of the wheels?
  25. install_progress

install_progress

false floor
Back