Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

How To: Upper Control Arm / Ball Joint Replacement (Lots of Pictures)

It's all about getting that bolt clocked around those fuel lines. The first time I did one it was a pain.
  2. F

transmission bump in OD 2002

My 93 E150 does this too. Someone told me a detent cable adjustment will fix it, but haven't researched any further.
  3. F

your top 10 cosmetics (no rims)

It can be simply done. Search for threads.
  4. F

water in taillight

My RR had water in it and a hairline crack. I took the assembly out and dried it well with my heat gun. Then a little clear caulk/silicone on the top near the gasket and a little on the crack, fixed it right up.
  5. F

Guages Move back and forth when Starting.

Strange, but true. I didn't realize how slow mine was really cranking till I hit it with that 850 CCA.
  6. F

Guages Move back and forth when Starting.

Mine did the same thing for a while till I got a new battery. Go to Orilley's a and they will match walmart's $75 battery to their $100 battery. One time it went into test mode by itself.
  7. F

To flush or not....

Did mine at 105k
  8. F

Oil Change.. My first time, Help!

The first time I did one on my 05, I assumed Ford still used the same size filter like they have been for years... Back to the store went. They started to change somewhere around 2000-2001.
  9. F

Can my explorer beat a lioncoln aviator in a race?

techieman33, he never said Camaro, maybe what the raced he did beat. LOL
  10. F

Cost of a complete transmission fluid change?

All you need to do is flush it. Sears will do it 12qts $89 13qts $129. (^_^)
  11. F

2002 instrument cluster help needed.

Yes you can remove and replace your message center.
  12. F

To Seafoam my V6 XLT or not?

You don't need to use that stuff. Why do you wanna use it? I never used it, I can go drive a new '09 and it'll drive just line my '05. Don't buy cheap gas for one thing. Again on the O2's and cat, that stuff does effect them negatively.
  13. F

Battery not charging with new alternator

That's totally correct. With Remans they usually only fix what's broken. Always go new, unless you are about to sell. :D
  14. F

Battery not charging with new alternator

Check all of them. Have you taken it to Auto Zone to have the Atl checked? Did you have the old one checked before you replaced it.
  15. F

broken rear spring

Search, there is a guy on this board who offers lift kits.
  16. F

New $100 Battery for $75

I noticed my gauges calibrating when I started my truck lately. I got out the load tester and the OE battery was down to about 200 cranking amps. I started shopping batteries and found a 3 year free replacement 84 month at Walmart. Went to Orielly's and the gave me there $100 880 cca extreme...
  17. F

Dash Guage Electrical Issue

My battery is a little low and it makes the dash act strange in the morning. One day it was cold enough to make the dash go into a service check mode. It checked all the gauges, gauge lights, pin connections, actual rpms, speed, and voltage read out on the info center.
  18. F

New brake problem

I've had Raybestos on the rear of my for 6 months now. I have no squealing. OP, The question is, did they use shims and/or brake quiet?
  19. F

E3 Plugs

Autolite Though I'm still on the stockers, I've always had good luck with AA's Autolite wires.
  20. F

How to change your 05 Explorer V6's Spark Plugs

I changed mine when I got it at 104k. Nothing changed, I didn't change the wires and still at 24 mpg hwy.
  21. F

How to change your 05 Explorer V6's Spark Plugs

I found that this version of the 4.0 is the easiest to change out of any.
  22. F

Keypad entry

This should work better. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=246957
  23. F

Need new front brakes

U may wanna check that. I used to work there.
  24. F

Need new front brakes

Raybestos, from Rock-Auto. Lifetime warranty is only good if the pads break, not wear out.
Back