Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

Explorer will not start, only get a clicking sound.

I have a 2001 4.0 4wd sport. I have been having problems with the door locks for the last couple of weeks to the point I was having to climb in and out through the passenger side door. The locks would try to unlock, but wouldn't completely. I took the driver's side door panel off and managed...
  2. N

Help! Fuel line tore while changing my fuel filter.

So I was changing the fuel filter on my explorer, and little did I know, nor did my haynes manual tell me, I needed a special tool to get it off. Well, one good tug and the fuel line snapped. Now, I have no clue how to get this end off: Here is the line that broke: Thanks guys! BTW...
  3. N

My $16.11 lift

Time for some bigger tires! Looks good!
  4. N

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

Do you happen to have any wiring it would need to run from the center console to the stock in dash CD player?
  5. N

Does it happen to be silver?
  6. N

Do you happen to have a stock 6-9 CD changer that will be an 01 Sport?
  7. N

South Carolina anyone?

I'm in Aiken, about two hours from ya.
  8. N

Teach me about my new 01 Explorer

What is the difference between high and low 4x4? Steed90GT: I just sold my 97 Cobra and I have also had a 90 coupe, 93 GT and 93 hatch. This is the first time in 9 years I haven't owned a mustang. I've had the Explorer for a day and love it, but I wish I could have kept the Cobra and had the...
  9. N

Teach me about my new 01 Explorer

I just picked up an 01 Explorer Sport 4x4 4.0L Auto today. It has 83k miles on it. I have always had mustangs. I know nothing about this truck. I have never driven a 4WD before. I have so many questions I really don't know where to start. I need to know when I should and shouldn't use 4wd? What...
  10. N

Can you have the OEM tonneau cover and the bed extender in at the same time?

So you can drive around with the tail gate down, bed extender out and the tonneau cover down and locked in place?
  11. N

Looking at buying a 4x4 Sport Trac

Ahh, that makes sense. Not sure why I couldn't figure that out.
  12. N

Great info! Thanks JohnnyO. I'm used to modifying Mustangs so learning about these trucks has been tricky. I'm still trying to figure out what 'SAS' means. I keep seeing that around here and on the ranger forums.
  13. N

I definitely plan on changing all the fluids. I had planned on investing in some kind of cai (or at the very least a k&n), underdrive pullies, and exhaust. I guess I'll add the shock absorbers to that list as well. Thanks for the info! The one I have picked out seems perfect, I just hope it is...
  14. N

I have been debating for sometime now what my next vehicle would be. I currently own a 97 Cobra and I am selling it so I can buy a truck or suv. I have spent a lot of time trying to decide what I want. Me and my girlfriend go camping as much as possible, and neither of us own a vehicle suited...
  15. N

Thinking of buying an Explorer... help?

I'd like the v8, but most of the decent ones I can find for sale are all 2wd and I was hoping for 4wd. How does the 2wd do on off road ventures, such as the beach?
  16. N

Thinking of buying an Explorer... help?

I am currently selling my 97 cobra because I need something a little more versatile. I'd like to be able to pull a pair of jet skis for when me and the GF go camping. Right now I am torn between an Explorer and a Ranger. The 4.0 4x4 Explorers/Rangers are going for great prices on autotrader...
Back