Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Problems with Ford Service!

Just wanted to rant and get some feedback... Recently bought a 2003 XLT 4x4 Explorer as the family people carrier (traded in the 98 EB :( Anyway, it had 18,500 miles and several minor things to be fixed...in addition to a vibration from 4000 rpm. up... They fixed all the minor stuff and...
  2. 9

$400 to replace seat track?

Shawnblais, Recently my power seat in my 1998 EB had developed a popping noise if you pulled on the back of the seat, or shifted your weight while driving. I took it in for the recall and asked if they could check out the popping while they were at it. When I went to pick it up, they told...
  3. 9

100,000 Mile Club

135,250 and still going strong... This post is HUGE! I recently turned 135,000 with (knock on wood) original engine and tranny. My 1998 EB V8 has had several things fixed, but mostly just maintenance. I got it with 119,500 from the original owner who had taken good care of it. Some of...
  4. 9

Stumbling 5.0- HELP!!!

mrboyle, turbojeff, and x-factor: Thanks for the replies. I think I am going to start with the IAC, and then the TPS. They will total less than $100, and with 135,000 they probably need to be replaced anyway.... TOBY
  5. 9

Stumbling 5.0- HELP!!!

Howdy! I have spent several hours reading every archived post I could find using different words to describe what is happening to my 1998 EB 5.0 AWD Explorer (sputter, bog, falter, intermittant hesitation, etc...) Here is what happens... Case #1: My wife goes to leave work and pulls...
  6. 9

UPDATE: New Jacobs wires on a '99 5.0

Darnit! I wish I had known!... I recently replaced my wires with Borg Warner Select (L.T. Warranty)- they are OK, but not exact fit... they ran me about $57 from the local O'Reilly's and took about 5 hours to put on! Anyway, could you give me a ballpark of how much they cost? Also, I had...
  7. 9

Diff Fluid Question!!!

This thread is still alive! COOL!!! I started this thread looooong ago, and glad somebody else had q's about this stuff- wish I had gone with Amsoil- although it would have been ALOT more expensive! I went with the Mercon V (which I hear is semi-synthetic) and it was about $2.50 a qt. for the...
  8. 9

Steering Wheel Shimmy

I hope so... Jason_25 hmmmm.... that would be nice! I am also wondering if the rock (and I mean ROCK) salt they are putting on the roads cause of all the snow is making it feel worse... Thanks for the reply... TOBY
  9. 9

Steering Wheel Shimmy

OK, quick question Explorer gurus... I have a 1998 EB Sploder with 5.0 and 130,000 miles... I didn't want to fire up the rig to move it the other day, so I turned on the key and put it in neutral to move it. I had to turn the wheel hard to the right to back it up, then straightened it...
  10. 9

Aftermarket Blend Door- Can it be done?

Howdy, Quick question... anybody know if a new blend door could be custom made that would work? My blend door is stuck, and I am dreading pulling the dash- however I know that you can access the door from the front if you pull a bunch of stuff off... I don't want to give FORD $100+ for a...
  11. 9

Blend Door Poll

blend door jgilbs, You need to add a bullet to the list that says "My ^*(&*&*&%*& blend door is stuck and I am too lazy/cheap to mess with it" :D :eek: Mine has been stuck in Heat Only Mode for about a month... and it SUCKS!!! At least it is winter right now!!! For now I just use...
  12. 9

MAS screws

Howdy, Just wondering if anybody knows offhand the size of the thread on the screws holding the MAS sensor into the aluminum MAS body? I am going to clean the MAS soon, and want to replace the D^^%&*(#^*^%(*$^N Security Torx screws that it has now... Thanks for any replies...:D
  13. 9

Slight pull to the right

Tires? Hey, I recently got tires and an alignment. After the alignment it pulled to the right slightly- I took it back and asked for a new alignment. They swapped the front two tires and the pull was gone! They swapped on a new tire and it drives straight now. Shop manager said...
  14. 9

Boring Q, but need help with fuses...

Good question... expo5.0, Thanks for the heads up on the cable, I forgot to add that I checked that out- everything seems to be connected- it is really weird (the light on the dash doesn't come on either...) I have a sneaking suspicion it has something to do with me messing with the...
  15. 9

Blend door vote

Knockin' on wood... Not yet, but I'm not gonna say that cause then it'll die tomorrow:rolleyes: :rolleyes: It's in the groaning stages, and I am dreading having to mess with it... At least the part isn't that expensive to fix it... If I could get ahold of the (*%#^&^*($&*()^&*()$& guy...
  16. 9

THANKS TAXXMAN!!! That link worked great! I printed it off and compared it to mine, there was only one fuse wrong- I guess my Chiltons was wrong, and the 1997 manual is different than 1998... Anyway, I really appreciate all the help I have received on this board- it really makes owning a...
  17. 9

Blend Door Q- Can it be lubed???

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Bummer!!! I guess I better get ready, huh... with winter coming on, maybe I should just leave it on heat...;) Thanks for the reply, you confirmed my fears- I have had to pull the dash before- to change the heater core on my old '87 Muckstang GT, and it was a...
  18. 9

Blend Door Q- Can it be lubed???

I have a 98 EB w/ electronic climate control and I am scared that the blend door is gonna die soon... When I change it from cool to warm air it makes a funny noise (almost like a farting noise:eek: :confused: ) Anyway, I'm thinking that noise is the blend door catching, and wondering if...
  19. 9

Nope, no manual... taxxman The previous owner "lost" it at his home so I am SOL in that respect. I bought the Chilton's and it has the fuse schematic, I am just not sure if it if correct (it says that 1995-1999 are all the same, which would make sense...) I'm not gonna buy an original...
  20. 9

Problems with left headlight

Headlight Switch? I don't know about Ford products, but my Nissan pickup had the Headlight switch go bad, and only the drivers light would work on high beam- I wired around it (cause I very rarely used high beams...:eek: ) Anyway, after exhausting all other options, that may be something else...
  21. 9

Hey sploder gurus, I have a problem I have been messing with since I got my sploder 4 mths ago, and I have spent a lot of time looking at the archives, etc... and still no luck... I have a 98 EB V8 AWD and the day after I bought it the cruise quit working... no light on the dash, etc... So...
  22. 9

Paint Question...

Will do... Thanks for the suggestions... I will stop by AZ tonight to see what they have- I am not looking forward to using the clay, I have read it is a pain in the arse...:D :confused: dmasini- I hope it is not overspray, however, the hood has been painted (they didn't do a perfect...
  23. 9

Paint Question...

Thanks!!! Jason_25 thanks for the suggestions... I was thinking about rewashing it with dishwashing soap; I've heard it is good for removing wax- I'll have to work that into my schedule;) Any idea where I can get that invisible glass stuff?? Pep Boys, AZ, O'Reilly's, etc...? THANKS!
  24. 9

Paint Question...

I got a quick question for all you paint gurus... I washed the X last night (first time since I got it 2 mths. ago:eek: ) and noticed that the paint had a "rough" feel to it. I finished washing it, and dryed it with my Absorber shammy... and the rough stuff was still there... It is on...
  25. 9

Air Filters & drilled boxes...

K&N Flow when dirty??? I don't want to ruffle any feathers, but I would like to see the airflow of a K&N after it gets dirty and is cleaned. No matter how good a job you do cleaning it, it still retains A LOT of dirt and gunk from the road, significantly decreasing airflow... If you look on...
Back