Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Steering Wheel Controls Melted

Disregard, found thread on how to change
  2. E

Help! My 1998 Explorer won't start.

Mine was the starter/Solenoid... After it got warm it wouldnt crank or anything.. Changed Starter and works perfectly. 125 for the starter
  3. E

How are they changed????
  4. E

Turn key and nothing

Everything seems to check out, if I let it sit a while it starts fine...
  5. E

Mine did the same thing. I assumed the lights under got too hot. Looks pathetic but controls still work
  6. E

Help! My 1998 Explorer won't start.

I am having a similar issue. Mine will run perfectly, then I will shut engine and when i try to restart it does nothing. No clicks, no cranking no nothing. Dash lights up and all the normal chirps, beeps work fine. I let it sit for an hour and it turns over fine. No warning or anything
  7. E

Turn key and nothing

After driving a bit and then shutting down engine I turn key and nothing. (No clicks, No nothing) After truck cools for a while it starts like nothing is wrong. The oil pressure is good, no check engine light, it isn't over heating. I thought maybe truck was not locking in park correctly but...
  8. E

Drivers side Power Window Lock out

After taking door panel apart and removing module it was because of so much dog hair and dust that the contacts were not making contact. After cleaning it up the window lock works like it is supposed to. Unfortunately I lost a spring or something because the switch don't stay in either...
  9. E

Drivers side Power Window Lock out

I am looking for a way to by-pass the power window lock on the drivers side 2001 Ford Explorer XLY.. All window switches work fine but it looks like my window lock switch is the problem. Rather then buy a whole module I would like to know if anyone has by passed this switch and how. If not I...
  10. E

Indiglo gauges install, or HOW TO REMOVE CLUSTER!! ( warning 22 pictures )

connector plugging into a plastic receptacle to no where On one of your slides you mention there is a plug/connector on the right side of panel that needs to be removed. Any idea what that plug is for. On mine it just plugs into a plastic receptacle. Any idea what it would be for. Awesome...
  11. E

How to: Overhead console display fix - 2nd Gen

OK, gonna locate a 47 OHM, .3 watt and give it a shot
  12. E

Well since i have no electrical experience I guess I will just pay to have it fixed. So the final is: It is a 50 OHM, 3 watt resistor that replaces the 510
  13. E

I agree. Let me know how it works and I will do the same. I have had my console off for a while now. I am ready to start knowing the temp outside and the direction I am going LOL
  14. E

Unless it was a mis print and he meant 50W
  15. E

All I know I couldnt find any 500W, 3 OHM at radio shack so mine still doesnt work
  16. E

Thank you. For some reason i read it was a 68 OHM, 1/4 watt. But I will take your advice and get the 500 OHM, 3 watt. I will go to Radio Shack on Monday and hopefully post success Monday afternoon. Thank you
  17. E

Anyone know where I can get a replacement resistor. One of my 510's are completely missing HELP!!!!
  18. E

I Have no idea what you just said LOL No disrespect, I am sure you meant well, but does that mean I can use this 64 OHM, 1/4 watt resistor from Radio Shack that someone mention I could use. Thank you
  19. E

Can anyone tell me what I can do if one of the 510 resisters are gone. I read on one post where someone got a 64 OHM, 1/4 watt resistor from radio shack. Anyone else have one missing and what did you do Thanks
  20. E

Click sound when first starting truck

clicking sound 3.0 6 cyl.
  21. E

Click sound when first starting truck

Hello fellow Explorer owners. I have a tough one. I have a 2001 explorer XLT, 4WD and when I first start it in the morning it has a louder then normal warming up click. Almost sounds like a relay. I know what your thinking, but it is not the normal metal expansion sound, but rather a louder...
  22. E

Lower Ball Joint Replacement How To (lots of Pictures)

I didnt when I did mine Good Luck
  23. E

can you please e mail me the pics you took on how to repair the overhead compass, especially on the removal. I don't show any pics on your directions how to post. Thank you Have a 2001 explorer and yes my compass stopped working
  24. E

How to: How to: Diagnose Driveshaft and U-Joint Problems

I have a 2001 explorer xlt, 4 WD. Mine has a intermittent squeal in reverse and the same squeal in drive up to about 25 MPH then stops. Before throwing some WD-40 on fwd and rear U-Joints it also made a loud twanging noise when I hit accelerator. From inside cab it sounds as if it is coming...
  25. E

2001 Explorer rear shaft fwd and rear U joints

Looking for any help/videos on changing u joints on rear shaft of my 2001 explorer 4wd. Thank you....
Back