Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Explorer/Mountaineer Ford Repair Book Reference

97 explorer abs I'm wondering what your repair manual says about checking the ABS system. 97 explorer xlt with AWD 5.0L. The ABS light does not come on. The problem is intermittent. At the bottom of the pedal travel when stopping sometimes the abs kicks in. I tested both front sensors at the...
  2. S

rear abs sensor testing, what are specs

Before I even spend $20 I'd like to check my rear abs sensor. Any idea on what range it should read on an ohm meter? Front ones too if you've got that info. But both front read the same.97 xlt awd 5.0L
  3. S

How to: 2nd gen console removal

didn't see any opening??? I took the console out.besides hitting it. I had to hook a wire to the rear metal frame and the rear seat leg. I tightened it to pull the console back. it was tight. I look as far under the carpet without tearing it up and found no opening. I did see a plate screwed up...
  4. S

repair pipe to EGR valve ????/ obd code 0133

:us:Anybody got a good fix for the pipe going to the EGR valve, besides trying to replace it. It's cracked open on the corragated section.I tried exhaust pipe repair tape and it melted off. Right now I've got brass shim stock around it with hose clamps. Could this be causing the o133 error code...
  5. S

bad abs,no warning light,need pics of sensors 97 AWD 5L V-8

I've read almost every message here on abs problems.I still have no clue on what to look at next. I have a 97 Explorer AWD 5L V-8. noticed last winter abs would kick in near the bottom of brake pedal travel when stopping. I've never had the ABS light come on. It was on slippery roads so I...
Back