Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Elemental Designs Subs..

ED subs rule... go to termpro.com or sound illusion forums and ask anyone.. there are tons of posts on the k series box question...
  2. B

dynomat questions

id say just buy the 100sq foot roll from b-quiet
  3. B

question about amps

id get the JBL.
  4. B

box design?

nope.. all my boxes look like ****... all go no show you could build a box with a plexi window that was pre engraved lasered or sandblasted and put and neon in it.
  5. B

Proper gauge power wire?

i agree.. use the 0 gauge.. i posted a topic with pictures on how i ran mine.. search for it
  6. B

SPL

2 batteries?
  7. B

Loudest explorer

local shops meters are always high... im waiting for a comp near me just to get metered, and possible win a trophy ;]
  8. B

Best amp

odd about the misplacement of your amp at fosgate... MTX lost my check and decided they werent gunna tell me about it!??! my amp was sitting somewhere for 3 months, after 5 harassing calls from me they told me its fixed and being shipped tomarrow free of charge... quite strange
  9. B

RIP....my system

tell em the stuff was still in the boxes!!! it was a present for your brother ;]
  10. B

Pioneer going off

ive had 4 pioneer units and never had any problems... sounds like the wiring but hey if they gunna give ya a brand new one free of charge.. why not ;]
  11. B

Loudest explorer

The human ear is much more sensitive to midrange energy than to low freq energy. There are charts that depict this uneven sensitivity pattern known as the fletcher-munson curves (This is proof.. not what some guy claims :rolleyes: ) The human ear does have little hair like devices called...
  12. B

Loudest explorer

:rolleyes:
  13. B

Best amp

i agree with the statment above... i run a concept 2400a and am very happy with the features, power output, price, and the 5 year warranty :D
  14. B

Loudest explorer

depends on the frequency
  15. B

Loudest explorer

have meter will travel.... im guessing around 145 with 1 15 and 2400 watts
  16. B

Help with amp wiring

First the black wire is usually the ground! The wire from the back of the headunit (usually blue with a white strip off the headunit)is your remote. The ground wire (usually black)should be the wire that is connected to the body of the vehicle or to some ground point. The wire from the...
  17. B

Not what I expected.

build a big ported box and the bass will come!
  18. B

Purchasing an amp

woodysx you were correct... the JBL puts max power and 2 or 1 ohms and thats why so many people buy them.. if he wired his sub at 2 ohms now and he wires it to the amp he gets 600 watts.. if he gets another and wires that parallel to another one hes running at 2ohm hes get a 1ohm load which...
  19. B

Dynamatting the 4 doors.

hmm.... id say 2 rolls and a couple hours/days and you could do the whole truck for 270.00.. panels windows and hatches will always flex with high SPL
  20. B

wiring schematic!where can i find it

try "the12volt.com" they might have what your looking for
  21. B

Purchasing an amp

ive always like and owned pioneer headunits, for the features and the price. id say a jbl600.1 would be a nice amp for the sub and will be easy on the wallet if purchased online. 4 gauge would be what id recommend just in case ya want to upgrade to something later on.
  22. B

Dynamatting the 4 doors.

I purchased it from an ebay auction from a stereo shop in canada... i checked ebay this morning and found the exact guy and its even cheaper now!!! Dead Link Removed heres a link... if im not allow to post this link for whatever reason( sometime forum admins consider it spamming) his user...
  23. B

Dynamatting the 4 doors.

We did a test dynamat extreme vs bquiet extreme there is a slight audiable difference. the dynamat being slightly superior yet about 4x the price. Although the bquiet doesnt have to be heated to be applied I personally highly recommend it. i bought a roll of bquiet extreme for 120 bucks...
  24. B

Questions on 4 channel amp

Id get the 500x just because if you wish to upgrade again you wont have to worry about if you *might* have enough power for new speakers or components. what mahieber had to say is EXACTLY how i feel... the more powerful is the way to go just because your not running it at full tilt all the...
  25. B

dumb newbie ques...but still reply

for someone that wants a quick solution on a budget 5x7 or 6x8 are a fine choice. I had 4 6x8 compression horn pioneers in my contour and loved the sound. components sound better but for a price (and im not talking only dollars)
Back