Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

Lift gate swap from 02 to 06

I was wondering if it is possible to install a lift gate from an 06' model onto my 02' it appears the bodies are the same style, making it likely that exterior parts are interchangeable for the most part. I like the look of the 06 lift gate plus I wouldn't have to worry about that stupid panel...
  2. C

New fluid in high mileage transmissions

update I took my car back to my mechanic, he said there was some air that escaped when open up the tranny, I'm thinking he just did'nt fill it all the way up when he changed it. tranny is fine now, no slipping or any other issues.
  3. C

I believe it was merc V what ever the recommended fluid is. I never really driven the car all that hard, basically its an easy daily driver. funny part is I'm getting ready to take it for a trip to Az. so I figured I had better do some preventive maintenance before the big trip.
  4. C

Hello all, new here to the forum. I searched this forum specifically because I am dealing with this very issue. I have a high mileage explorer 02 xlt v6, never changed the tranny fluid, mostly out of laziness. I just took it in to have all the fluids changed, thinking that it was about time I do...
Back