Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

What SUV would you have if you didn't have an explorer?

The Baby Nav is to far off for me,thats why i put a deposit on a 2001.5 Lightning.I'll keep the Lightning,and in three years i'll get the Baby Nav. FRITZ "98" Sport SOHC 4X4.......
  2. F

What SUV would you have if you didn't have an explorer?

I would go with the BMW X-5 4.4,i priced one the other day. The one i wanted was 55,000 $$$$ TO MUCH . I'll wait for the Baby Nav,(if i can wait that long.) Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC
  3. F

Stock JBL subwoofer ???

I was going to buy one of those 6.5 Kicker subs,and see if i could get more bass. The OEM sub is ok,but i'm always looking for something better. Maybe i'll get a new amp to. Now, what kind of amp do i get ?. Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC.......
  4. F

Stock JBL subwoofer ???

Can i just take one woofer out and put the other one in ?. Will the OEM amp have enough power ?. Or will i need a more powerful amp ?.
  5. F

Stock JBL subwoofer ???

I just got off the phone with the Kicker people. They said i just can't change woofers.I would have to change the amp as well.I said, i just want to upgrade to a better 6 1/2 woofer, they told me i whould still have to get a more powerful amp. Sounds like a lot off $$$$ to me...
  6. F

Stock JBL subwoofer ???

Still the question remains,does anybody (besides Ford), make a 6 1/2" woofer.Or can you order a 8" from Q-form and use your existing sub amp. If there is a better 6 1/2" woofer out there,iwould like to upgrade. Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC
  7. F

Stock JBL subwoofer ???

I was wondering the same thing. I can't find a good replacement,seems nobody makes a 6 1/2" sub. I have a "98" Sport with the "Mach" system.I would like to upgrade my sub (have done the other speakers). Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC..........
  8. F

New Motor Trend has a....

I'll give it a shot.
  9. F

New Motor Trend has a....

A pic or should i say drawing of the new Baby navigator. Looks expensive,but i like it. Could be two years before it comes out, oh well.......... Fritz......."98" Sport 4X4 SOHC.
  10. F

Where's my Baby Navigator ??

This may will be the only hi-performance suv that Ford will mass produce (4.6 DOHC). I have seen tons of pic's of the 2002 Explorers but no Navigator. What's up with that?
  11. F

2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures

I wonder if the wheels are chrome or polished aluminum ??
  12. F

2002 Explorer/Mountaineer 4 Door Pictures

I like the front but,the back bumper looks like an S-10 YUCK !!!!! Fritz "98" Sport SOHC
  13. F

2001 Explorer. . . Not till November

I'm a tad upset they(Ford)also said my "Baby Navigator" will not be out till Feb 2002. Fritz; "98" 4X4 Sport SOHC.
  14. F

NY Auto Show.....

Well it dosen't look like there going to unveil it at the NY show,what's the next big show ?? Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC.
  15. F

NY Auto Show.....

I wonder if Ford will unveil the 2001 four door Explorer at the show ?? Fritz "98" Sport 4X4 SOHC.
  16. F

Ford to launch SUWagon

Thats wonder how much $$$$ not woder.....i'm still asleep.
  17. F

Ford to launch SUWagon

I'm going to be first in line when the "Baby Navigator" comes out. From what i have heard it will have the 4.0L DOHC. I woder how much $$$ it will be. Fritz "98" Sport 4.0L SOHC
  18. F

Neverdull ????

Anybody ever try this stuff on HIGHLY polished aluminum rims?. It looks like saturated steel wool,made by Eagle-one.
  19. F

New FORD SUV : ESCAPE ( with pics )

When are they going to unveil the 2001 four door?,are they going to wait for the New York show?. ------------------
  20. F

SOHC Engine

I gave the part number for the new tensioner fix a few posts down. Take it to your local Ford dealer and have them order it.So far it seems to be working on my "98" Sport SOHC.
  21. F

New timing chain tensioner....

Here is the part # for Fords updated fix for the timing chain tensioner & galley plug (whatever a galley plug is). part# KU2Z-6K254-AA
  22. F

97/98 SOHC V6 Timing Chain/Tensioner-MUST REPORT to FORD!!

I think someone at Ford is full of BS.The new part will be at your local Ford dealer sometime this month.If it is a real problem your service manager can get it early.How do i know this you ask ? because mine was ordered yesterday.Mine is not that bad but i don't know what damage it could do in...
  23. F

Scorpion S/T ?

So far so good,have about 14,000 mi on them (put them on when truck was new).They don't make a lot of noise like the BFG/AT.I put them on a set of A/R 16X8 Pythons.
  24. F

Scorpion S/T ?

I have the Pirelli 275/70/16 AT on my 98 Sport 4X4.When turning there about 1/2 inch from the fender flair,but they do not rub.
Back