Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. E

Mystery Hose

Thanks for the diagram. I found where the inlet tube is connected to the air cleaner, but where and how do I get to the connection at the other end? Thanks...
  2. E

Mystery Hose

Hello Everyone, While "exploring" the underside of my '92 XLT engine, I came across this hose: Can someone tell me what it is and how/where to connect it? This is how it was positioned when I first discovered it: I traced it to I believe the bottom of the air cleaner unit, underneath...
  3. E

Catalytic Converter Repair?

Hi all, Well I finally found the time to get the cat welded. What a difference! Finally a quiet ride! Thanks for everyone's help.
  4. E

Well, I haven't found the time to take it to a welder, so I'm still wondering if I could use JB Weld to hold it together temporarily, especially if I clean off the rust. Any suggestions? What's a good de-rusting solution? Is CLR ok to use? How safe will it be to use a JB Weld-type...
  5. E

Oil Pan Leak

Pan gasket? Main seal? Torque on pan bolts? ok... now I'm concerned LOL Just like Tribestros said, it looks like it seeps from a seam at the bottom, then a pool is formed inside the groove, until finally a drop falls from the passenger side of the pan. I thought the smoke was coming...
  6. E

Oil Pan Leak

Thanks PaMnd! I'm going to tackle this project this weekend... will let you know of the results.
  7. E

Oil Pan Leak

ok... Because I'll have to sand and clean, it sounds like I'll have to take off the oil pan. Is there any way to do this without having take out the engine and turning it over?
  8. E

Oil Pan Leak

PaMnd, What is the best thing to buff it with? What type of cleaning solution would you recommend? Sorry for the questions, this whole oil pan and JB Weld thing is new to me... Thanks, explorerluv
  9. E

That's good to know. I'll start calling around to see if I can get a good price for a new one. Thanks!
  10. E

Just $20? I've been thinking welding jobs would cost a lot more and never bothered to call around. Which raises another question. Considering the cost of a direct fit cat, is it possible instead to get a single universal cat (like a Magnaflow) and have it welded to my exhaust? Just...
  11. E

92 Explorer Door Lock/Latch Problems

Thanks arronnorton, I'll give it a try and let you know how it turns out.
  12. E

Hi everyone, First, Thanks to everyone on this forum. I haven't found so much helpful information anywhere else on the net. Well, as mentioned in a previous post, this is the next issue I'm facing with my XLT. The rear catalytic converter has separated from the exhaust pipe, and now...
  13. E

Oil Pan Leak

P.S. as far as the power steering fluid, I'm going to first try the Lucas Power Steering Stop Leak, and hope there's nothing wrong with the pump...
  14. E

Oil Pan Leak

Hi all, This is the first of a few posts regarding my 92 XLT. I've had it for a little over a month now, and while the "honeymoon" period is still going, I've encountered a few issues. I must have hit a bump a little too hard one day, because now I'm starting to leak both oil and power...
  15. E

Hello

Pictures Sorry I took so long to post, but I had to REALLY clean up the vehicle before taking pictures of her. Just to give you background, I bought it from a guy who only used it to go hunting in. All he did was keep the motor and tranny in excellent condition and didn't care about the...
  16. E

Wierd Glass Issue

Thanks everyone, I'll try your suggestions. Like I said before, it's no big deal, not worth spending the money for a new window. If the Goo Gone or lighter fluid won't work, I'll just learn to live with it :)
  17. E

Wierd Glass Issue

Hello: Thanks to the many posts on this forum, I've been able to replace power window regulators and motors on two windows of my '92 Explorer. Here's the issue: The previous owner used an enormous amount of both duct tape and cellophane packing tape to keep one of the windows from...
  18. E

92 Explorer Door Lock/Latch Problems

Hello everyone, Can someone help me solve a problem I'm having with both my rear doors? I've searched the forum and could use the help in find posts specific to the following: 1. Passenger side, front door: Power lock isn't working. 2. Rear doors: The doors don't unlatch when I pull on...
  19. E

Hello

Hi everyone, I just bought a '92 Explorer and I love it! It needs a little TLC, but with the help of this forum, I've already managed to make a few repairs. That's why I decided to join and share my experiences. Thanks for such a great resource and look forward to participating...
Back