Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. N

1992 explorer noise / rubbing sound while turning

Yes, limited slip 3.73.. no modifications done to any of the rig. ITs weird! No not in Kirkland, I am just south of I-90. Feel free to send me a private message, and I'll give you my number. Yes stuck in the snow here and one hub is making a loud knock on occasion (usually when I hit the...
  2. N

Auto Hub Washer Fix With Pictures

Add that washer where?
  3. N

Auto Hub Washer Fix With Pictures

boy I could sure use those pictures today... I am in the NW "snowmageddon" and when I put the (1992 XLT) Explorer in 4x4, I hear an occasional klunk on the drivers side - I'm guessing its a hub. Funny thing, I was at a junkyard a few years back, and grabbed a couple hub assemblies, threw them...
  4. N

standard / stock 235/75-15
  5. N

How to: My 1st Gen front Brake job Diary

Tips: On ABS vehicles, don't pussh the calipers back in with the bleed screws closed. The fluid in the calipers is the source of dirty fluid, which can ruin the ABS pump. Always open those bleed screws while compressing the pistons. Also, skip the piston "tools." Always compress the pistons...
  6. N

well... I checked that all out, and kind of ruled that out because it only happens when in a tight turn - and turning either direction, not just one versus the other.
  7. N

OK... so I got this 1992 explorer given to me because it needed (front) brakes, and they'd put tap water in it, which clogged the radiator and heater core (which I replaced). I installed new front pads, rotors, and calipers. Everything is good there. I noticed every time I turn as tight as...
  8. N

How about a DIY on rear drum brakes? I just sound an old hard drive with all my pictures I took...

How about a DIY on rear drum brakes? I just sound an old hard drive with all my pictures I took doing it.
  9. N

Non-working automatic hubs now work

4x4 engaging problems start here: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=202166 one thing DeRocha mentions is the shift motor. My co worker has one and all we did was replace that washer / bushing - didn't even have to take the shift motor off. Cost was around $1
  10. N

DeRocha's Door Hinge Pin Replacement w/pics

good write up I just did my upper hinge tonight... and I must say this article helped. Also note that installing the new pin upwards aids in quick removal (easier to hammer down) - good point of the article So... I pulled the upper hinge bolts and used my floor jack with a 4x4 chunck on it...
Back