Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. K

Replace or repair transmission wiring harness?

I ordered both the harness and solenoid pack from Amazon today. Hopefully there isn't a quality issue at play from purchasing from there.
  2. K

Mine is currently in limp mode, I have a bunch of electrical codes. I was told I didn't have power at the transmission. I tried tracing wires, only to test that myself, a d find I do have power. So I think when I was testing, I might have cleaned some corrosion off. I put it back together...
  3. K

Harness or Solenoid Pack?

I have a 2007, 4x4, V6, that the transmission is acting up. I get the wrench and a boat load of electrical codes. I took it to a shop and the guy said I didn't have power at the transmission, and I needed to find the broken wire. I started to pull the harness, and man, that is a knuckle...
  4. K

I have a 2007 Explorer, V6, 4x4. Throwing a boat load of electrical codes. My person investigating my transmission issues says the "top isn't talking to the bottom." He says there is no power to the transmission, there isn't continuity from top to bottom. He also says it will be 3 weeks...
  5. K

Transmission wiring harness location?

I'm trying to eliminate potential issues. I have a 2007, 4x4, V6, with the 5R55 (not sure the letter that follows) transmission. I'm currently in limp mode, with a boat load of electrical (solenoid, voltage, etc) codes. I have read to check the wiring harness where it meets the firewall. I...
  6. K

2008 Explorer XLT transmission electrical codes

I'm dealing with a similar issue. Where would I find the wiring harness at the bulkhead? Passenger side, driver's side? Up high? Down low?
  7. K

2007 Ford Explorer 4.0L V6 4X4 Throwing Codes and Limp Mode

Long shot here, but what ended up being your problem. My wife's 2007 Explorer, V6, 4.0, 4x4 just started the same thing. I have a huge list of codes too. Although my wife didn't tell me she hit the brakes hard :)
  8. K

Loss of low end power? Transmission slipping? Torque Converter?

I agree about the corrosion possibly at play. I slide under the car the other day to see if maybe a rodent had chewed through something. I didn't find anything obvious. I have seen where the wiring harness itself might be at fault. But it isn't something I'm prepared to investigate without a...
  9. K

I need to amend my first statement, that it is changing gears. It doesn't. I think I'm in limp mode, and stuck in third gear or something. Which is why it is slow off the line. I imagine trying to pedal a mountain bike in high gear. It takes a lot of effort to get it moving.
  10. K

Here is a full cut and paste of the log from ForeScan. https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTPDVuP_dID5jsxR4hVduCHhI8hk9u2P1sDMWlKvcB-lRwPUHyvY-fwjAO-g1bHJixr5pwJvEwDj9LE/pub
  11. K

I'm trying to sound intelligent when I start making calls about this issue. My wife told me her 2007 Explorer "died". When I went for a test drive, it seems as if it has no "go" at the low end. I give it gas, and it just seems to slowly creep. If I allow it time, it starts to pick up speed...
  12. K

I'm having a similar issue to what you had on your Explorer I think. My drivers door won't...

I'm having a similar issue to what you had on your Explorer I think. My drivers door won't unlock with the Intelligent Access. It will lock, but not unlock. Operates fine with the FOB. I saw you had a post that had a solution from the tech at Ford. Any idea where that connection or wire is...
  13. K

What is this part called?

JB Weld seems to be holding. I used both the original 2 part epoxy on the inside, and then the SteelStik on the outside, and then covered the SteelStik with the 2 part epoxy
  14. K

For those following, I applied JB Weld today. I used the original cold weld and smeared it inside the thermostat hole, and then use steel stick on the outside, and hence coated the steel stick with cold weld. I will update you tomorrow afternoon if it holds.
  15. K

What about some sort of paint on style product? If I take the thermostat out, I might not be able to feel the hole / Crack, but it is surely there. I should be able to get an artist brush in there to "paint " a repair.
  16. K

I have tried Bars Leak with no luck. (this time) I'm pretty sure this has been an old problem that has gotten worse. But it is to the point now that I have to do something. It won't hold coolant now. I have to refill it every other day, about 1.5 gallons.
  17. K

Basically I have to stick my finger along side the lower intake, on the driver's side, as far as my finger can reach. It is on the side, and towards the bottom of what I can reach. I took the thermostat out, and tried to feel for something from the inside, and was unsuccessful. It must be a...
  18. K

I'm leaking coolant from where the thermostat mounts. I want to call it the top of the engine block. If you stick your finger down below and to the right of the thermostat mounts, that is where the pin hole is. Basically straight through the coolant temperature sensor (I guess that is what it...
  19. K

Rear bearing and seal - 2wd

I have a rear bearing seal leaking, I planned to repair it this weekend after neglecting it for some time now. The Explorer is a 1999 - 2 wheel drive. When I got the wheel off, I found the sticky mess the bearing seal has created on the e-brake. However I couldn't figure out how to remove...
  20. K

99 Explorer won't start after sitting - what should I try?

Not to muddy the waters, I might have missed your response, but check the spark plugs. I was having a similar issue, but it more consistent. The car had a rough idle at start for a while, then cleared up. Then one day it just wouldn't start without cranking for 3-5 minutes. If I let it sit...
  21. K

2wd Front Wheel Bearing Replacement?

Initially I didn't replace the race, I replaced the rotors back 2 years ago, almost 3 now I guess. Did the bearings at the same time, then they lasted about a year and a half. Then I started to have issues. I didn't replace the races the next time around, I felt they were new enough. Then...
  22. K

2wd Front Wheel Bearing Replacement?

How can you identify if the spindle is bad, what part am I looking for when ordering? I am chewing through bearings, just getting a low growl from them. I have replaced them 3 times now in under a year. I only did the races the second time.
  23. K

Reoccuring Front Bearing Issues

I replaced the races last time, I decided to roll the dice this time. But I did do the inner and outer..
  24. K

Reoccuring Front Bearing Issues

My truck is eating bearing. How can I determine if the spindle is the problem, or if I am just an idiot? If the spindle is bad, what do I look for, for replacement? I have tried looking on Rockauto.com and searched for axle, spindle, etc. I can't seem to find the replacement part. I...
Back