Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

SQUEAL FROM ENGINE?

I already tried the water trick. jayem- Was the part replaced just an electrical component or the whole cam position sensor assembly?
  2. D

SQUEAL FROM ENGINE?

Well here's a pic of the sensor from my service CD. I'll order it tomorrow and see how it goes.
  3. D

Engine Chirp

Well here's a pic of the sensor from my service CD. I'll order it tomorrow and see how it goes.
  4. D

96 Exploder Chirp Noise

5. D

East Coast B4$t4rd$

Here's a pic of my explorer after about 5 hours of shoveling. I gave up and just started packing the snow down by driving on it. In the pic it's sitting on approx. 8"-10" of hard packed snow.
  6. D

4wd Lights Flashing

MY 97 explorer did the same thing. It was the speed sensor. My 98 expedition also had the same problem and solution.
  7. D

Engine Chirp

My 98 OHV just started making the chirping noise. It isn't the belts or the alternator. It's coming from the rear pass. side of the car. I read another thread that it may be theDead Link Removed Please help...:(
  8. D

96 Exploder Chirp Noise

I have the same noise too. It is driving me nuts!!
  9. D

SQUEAL FROM ENGINE?

My 98 OHV just started the same noise from the rear of the motor a few days ago. I would like to know if anyone has replaced the camshaft sensor and solved the problem. Can anyone provide a picture of where the camshaft sensor is located? Thanks!
  10. D

bad alternator bearing or tensioner pulley?

I'm having the same problem as rayd and enginenine. The squeaking started four days ago. You can hear it under acceleration and it quiets down when I coast. I sprayed wd-40 in the alternator and the problem persists. The squeek-squeek-squeek.... noise is coming from the back of the motor. I have...
  11. D

BROKEN OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE

I'm going to try to replace the spring.
  12. D

BROKEN OUTSIDE DOOR HANDLE

My door handle just broke on me this morning. I pulled the handle up and heard the spring go flying inside my door panel. Looks like I have something to do this weekend.
  13. D

Thermostat change

I didn'y have to remove anything on my 98 4.0. I just used a wobble connector on my socket wrench. Took me less than 30 min from start to finish including draining the radiator completely.
  14. D

Door key

Spray some silicone lubricant into the keyhole. It fixed my problem.
  15. D

Lock cylinder doesn't like cold

Both my door locks on my 98 just started doing it. I thought my key was worn out. I sprayed some silicone lubricant in the key hole and everything works fine again.
  16. D

Normal running temp... I have a question

That's what I meant. :confused:
  17. D

T-Stat didn't work

What temp. t-stat did you replace it with?
  18. D

Problem solved. It took less than 1/2 hour to replace the thermostat and antifreeze on my 98 OHV. I used a 195 degree stant thermostat and new gasket. The part #'s are 13959 for the Stant thermostat and 35404 for the Fel-pro gasket.
  19. D

I have the same problem in my 98 ohv. The temp only goes up when the AC is on full blast. If I have the heat on the gauge stays on COLD. I'll replace the thermostat this weekend and let everyone know how it turns out.
  20. D

Windshield Washer problem

I bought a new stalk on ebay for $15. Fixed my washer problems.
  21. D

Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart!....cheap!

Got mine yeaterday. Thanks!
  22. D

1 of the most usefull DIY products!!!

Thay have no copy protection on them. I burned a copy of my 98 manual fine.
  23. D

price on tinting

I got my 98 sport tinted 14% with a lifetime warranty for $99 in MD. It is a perfect match with the back three windows.
  24. D

Rear window wiper

I'm having the same problem with my 98 sport. I bought a new blade yesterday which did nothing to solve the problem. I guess I'll bend the arm a little.
  25. D

1 of the most usefull DIY products!!!

I just ordered the $20 one before reading the whole thread. I could have saved $12 but its worth it in my opinion.
Back