Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

New Commuter Car - looking for advice/experience

Im telling you man... you should really look at a protege. I LOVE mine. Its at the body shop right now(some chick hit me) and I've been driving my brothers x, and man do I miss my mazda. They kick ass. You really should look at them. But then again this is going to be your car and what you will...
  2. 0

...Another trip to gunnison country collison :mad:

Well, here we go again. Another person had a whoops into my car. The story... Im sitting in class working in a study group, having a good day, nice weather, all is well. I feel my phone vibrate and I just assume its my girlfriend texting me again about how I don't call her enough or something...
  3. 0

My 1997 XLT

whats up with all the pizza?
  4. 0

My messed up paint... =/

Wow someone butchered that door lock. This past summer someone broke into my explorer by digging out the door locks like that and the only way I could get a new one in there was to replace the door skin. IMO your best bet is to replace the door.
  5. 0

got hit back in july 09

Yeah I love the tinted tail lights. They go great with the whole coloring of your truck. Back when I had my sport I was gonna tint the tail lights and get black rims until it was totaled. Im wishing now that I would have done the buy back but they wanted 2500 for it so I wasn't going to have...
  6. 0

got hit back in july 09

did they pay for it? that brush guard did a good job. nice lookin x
  7. 0

New Commuter Car - looking for advice/experience

Heres where I chime in. Im a diehard explorer fan down to the end, but unfortunately I couldn't afford one when I went to look for a new car. I ended driving alot of commuter cars. I drove corollas, civics, vws, nissans, pretty much the full range. I kinda wanted a focus but they all the ones I...
  8. 0

Jen's 03 Sport

Hey awesome x! I had a toreado red x exactly the same(when yours was new ;)) I always wanted to do my x like that. You basicly built my dream x! I lost mine last summer due to assholes in denver. Where in colorado are you? I live in gunnison, close to ouray lol. I go all over colorado thought...
  9. 0

Bad luck and a crappy weekend.

Well, here in colorado if the damage is minimal you don't have to call the cops. I filed a police report but they do NOTHING with it. You can use it to file a claim with the other parties insurance, but in my case she has none. I know I should have called the cops and and thats the whoops on my...
  10. 0

Bad luck and a crappy weekend.

This seems to be the only topic I start threads on. Well, here comes the bad stuff. So I go down to Colorado Springs this weekend to visit family and me and my sister are driving down Acadamy Blvd. to go to walmart. Im in a construction zone and I'm only going 30. I come to a stop light...
  11. 0

Hit a deer last week...

You're lucky man, the last deer I hit cost me about 6 grand, of course that was in my mazda to say the least lol. Glad its not too bad. Those explorers are so tough. I miss mine!
  12. 0

My horrible luck

well once upon a time about 3 years ago my cousin sold me his 94 xlt 5speed. That was my BABY! I decked that car out with some sweet BF goodrich AT and a nice deer guard/tail light guard combo. I had sirius radio with a sweet system and all you could want in a first gen. Unfortunatly I lent it...
  13. 0

My horrible luck

still in the shop. i can't wait till its done! cool part for now is i get to drive my brothers x :)
  14. 0

How many explorers have you had?

Since we all love them but can't hang on to them forever, we might have had several explorers. I myself have had three and an endless list of other fords. Tell your stories, post pics, how many miles, whatever you want :)
  15. 0

My horrible luck

To my surprise, they didn't total this one. I would love to have an x again but all together this car is fun and cheap. I pay 150 less a month for insurance and it get at least 10-20 better mpg depending on how i drive it. Right now Im broke as hell and I don't think i could afford another...
  16. 0

My horrible luck

heres before
  17. 0

My horrible luck

dont know why that didn't work
  18. 0

My horrible luck

Well, this is my second time posting a thread in the whoops section, but its not of another explorer demise. I was driving my mazda that i had for less than a month and smacked a deer last night. Estimates said 5700. Damage includes: -hood -headlight -drivers fender -core support is bent...
  19. 0

totaled

so, got a new car, its been about a month since i got it and i like it. Its a 2003 Mazda protege with all the bells and whistles. Its quiet the difference now, i used to think my x was small but now when i get in my brothers it feels huge. All around, the new car is better for me...
  20. 0

totaled

Well I watched them tow away my x on a flat bed and that was one of the hardest things I've ever had to do. I really didn't think it was gonna be this hard. Any of u who have ever gone through this know what I'm talking about. I really hope I can find another x in my price range.
  21. 0

totaled

i really like the second gen bodies. mabey a limited or a mounty. however i really just want to get something more fuel efficient and cheap... then buy another x down the road.
  22. 0

totaled

well.... Just got done with the adjuster and here is the verdict: Totaled. They are giving me 5300 after the deductible. Im gonna let them take it and start the search for a new car. The adjuster was really cool, he said that he will help me get more for my value so today he is going back to...
  23. 0

totaled

it went off but they did something to turn it off. It was at the extended stays deluxe in aurora colorado and the hotel didn't even have ANY security. no one saw it. the night of the break in there was a family in an rv parked on the street infront of my car which was in the parking lot and then...
  24. 0

totaled

can some one help me out with the pics im having a hell of a time to get them to show
  25. 0

totaled

yeah i really like the four doors. as for the damage here it goes... my sister old sport that she rolled on monarch pass near gunnison colorado
Back