Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. CobraMountaineer

Some new pics of the Mounty

Here are some new pics. I have just redid the wheels, and ditched the chrome covers. New 31x10.5x15 ATs and the ride is different at higher speeds, but crawls the sh_t out of the old 235's Removed the lower lip on the front bumper cover due to hard snow bank...lol Yea, it snowed here. I want to...
  2. CobraMountaineer

Comment by 'CobraMountaineer' in media 'DSC01864'

Who the he l l would do that to a Delorean?
  3. CobraMountaineer

My Mountaineer

Looked underneath the other day. It is a 4404, and changed the specs. Sorry for the confusion...
  4. CobraMountaineer

My Mountaineer

The bezel was a replacement from junk yard by prior owner. It does have a 4406, but I thought that was the original transfer case? I need to look again at the transfer case. At the time I looked underneath, I could have sworn that it was a 4406. Need to look again. Sorry about the confusion. I...
  5. CobraMountaineer

My Mountaineer

Ok, paint on the lower line, beacuse I hate the faded purple/grey faded out plastic look. Krylon Fusion Flat Black the whole way around including bumpers and grill. It also works great on clear coated rims, hence the blacked out wheels. To answer your 2nd question, look at my signature...lol...
  6. CobraMountaineer

My Mountaineer

Ok, so now I am Elite, and want to post my pics for all of you to see. Been talking about it, and well here it is:
  7. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

got it thanks guys...
  8. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

Thanks for the help Guys, and for the welcome
  9. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

Nope, don't have it yet. What is Rick's handle?
  10. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

Nope, don't have it yet...
  11. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

Got it I think...
  12. CobraMountaineer

Elite Explorer?

I paid my $20. I guess it takes a while to Get the ELITE status? Can any of the moderators answer this question? Michael :mad:
  13. CobraMountaineer

Redneck bodylift

I got some Polyurathane up at my house in PA. It was made for Earthquake springs for buildings, and I have the scraps. This stuff is so tuff, not one of my dogs can chew one. And they have chewed even the toughest dog toys, the unchewable kind (Kong). Anyways, it is in different diameters, and...
  14. CobraMountaineer

Finally ther Amateur Radio Install nears completion...

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255381 go here to see the interior!! Spin
  15. CobraMountaineer

Check out my lightbar!

No blue, the vid is chewy... I have a blank white in there. No blue, it is all amber, with 2 red towards the rear. The strobes on the front are white, just look blue in the vid.
  16. CobraMountaineer

Check out my lightbar!

New Video!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kml9nMkBBY Spin
  17. CobraMountaineer

Finally ther Amateur Radio Install nears completion...

:thumbsup:This is almost the completion of my install on my 1998 Merc Mounty. Video suks because it is from my phone. Lemme know what you think. Ideas are welcome too.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Kml9nMkBBY Spin :salute:
  18. CobraMountaineer

Check out my lightbar!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwbOvxe-Ezc My lightbar on the chaser....:D Spin Let me know if you like it....
  19. CobraMountaineer

97 sport with 5.0 swap. Need electrical help

a PATS problem with why it is not starting? You changed out the COMPLETE harness? Did you try starting it at the solenoid? If it starts, then there might be a problem the the key switch, if it starts for a second, then shuts off, it's a PATS problem. Spin
  20. CobraMountaineer

2nd post(rear door)Can U do this

Ok, then why not just change the gate and the tail lights????
  21. CobraMountaineer

Engine swap q's

Dood, I have a 1994 Cobra engine, and by all guesstimates, I am pushing 400hp. The original uppper intake plenum was placed on this engine, and the OBD I computer spliced in. Draw back, no EGR, and the AIRB and AIRD solenoids fault out. But it runs like a raped Ape. Now all I have to do is get...
  22. CobraMountaineer

4406 Questions

No, a 303E...i.e. a Cobra GT engine 5.0 Ecam. I also went underneath and I have a 4404-06 transfer case. Here is my VIN info VIN 4M2ZU55P4WUJ00693 DECODED 1998 Mercury Mountaineer Country UNITED STATES Make Mercury Vehicle Type Multipurpose Vehicle (MPV) GVWR Class Class D...
  23. CobraMountaineer

4406 Questions

That is about what I want to do, but what about the difference in a 5.0 and a 4.6? Can I do the same swap? Spin
Back