Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

1999 Ranger SAS (Dana 44/Ford 9 Inch)

wow that was a long time ago i pretty much forgot about this. i had to cut the old perches off the 9 inch then weld new ones on. thanks for liking it! I like it too, and its not bad for being a learning experience for me. now there are lots of things i would have done differently. i learned...
  2. B

1999 explorer D44 Swap...Big Red

nice, my radiator hose coming off the bottom was in the way of the box on mine, i wonder if maybe you have a different engine or radiator? mine is the 4.0. and im still running stock steering, with unbalanced 37s and without an alignment, so needless to say its pretty shaky. when i aired my...
  3. B

'93 XL on Full-width D44 and 9-inch

too flexy...sounds sweet! sorry if im asking a question already answered in your thread, but what coils are you running?
  4. B

The Unappreciated X SAS

you got pulled over for 33s on that thing, THATS INSANE!! man MI cops suck. and i like your radius are crossmember!
  5. B

1999 explorer D44 Swap...Big Red

dude how the hell did you get that steering box in there? i have a 99 too and that box was the first one i tried, but i ended up going with a FJ 60 box cause i couldnt fit the first gen box anywhere. and it looks like its been a while since you got this thing going, hows she doing?
  6. B

94 Supercab Splash SAS

truck looks sweet! im totally copying your rear shock mounts!
  7. B

'93 XL on Full-width D44 and 9-inch

man sick truck! looks like the front is pretty stiff, how does she ride?
  8. B

S10slayer's 99 ext cab ranger sas on 36s

wow that was an old post i replied to, oops, hopefully it helps anyway!
  9. B

S10slayer's 99 ext cab ranger sas on 36s

i bet it could be done with about $2000 if you tried. but my best advice would be to set aside at least $5000 before you start. i just finished mine and its around 6000 and still pretty basic, nothing too crazy
  10. B

now my truck is sittn pretty, well actually it has a bit of a drivers side lean, but whatever, no worries ill tweak that sometime in the near future. and it pretty much looks like a billboard but it already looks ridiculous, why not make it a little more!
  11. B

i also did random things like put in a 10 inch sub and mount the cb antenna on the toolbox
  12. B

Rear end: used 4 front leaf spring hangers to mount the leafs, then got a new yoke and u-joint to hook up my stock driveshaft and set the pinion angle, then mounted the shocks, mounted removable mud flaps, then i put the bed on, chopped it a bit and put on some cheap spray on bedliner, then i...
  13. B

next on the list i mounted my front axle. just used the stock spring buckets and shock mounts from the bronco and the springs are a 4" rough country lift springs, and i used the stock bronco track bar and steering also up front is a FJ 60 steering box connected using 3/4 DD X 3/4 DD u-joint off...
  14. B

it is finished, im just showing how i did it. havent got that far though seeing as uploading images takes forever and i dont really like sitting at my computer for that long... so ill get there soon dont worry
  15. B

after the frame plates were done it was time for some rear crossmembers. i put a huge hunk of steel in the rear (not sure exactly what cause i found it in the scrap pile) and used 1.5in .120 wall tube for the rest. strap holding frame at the correct width: 2 crossmembers: a few more of the...
  16. B

just a little fyi, the only welds i didnt do on this truck are the front frame plates, the rest i did myself after learning to weld when a friend gave me a 10min crash course. it is obvious where i started welding and what i welded recently because i am getting better everyday, and when i first...
  17. B

first order of business on the build was to plate the frame. as you can see i have good plates up front, but i now regret what i did in the back. i put plates on the inside of the frame in the rear when i should have just boxed it. so basically the plates on the inside of the frame were a...
  18. B

chop chop time!!!
  19. B

i started off the project by taking the bronco apart and keeping what parts i needed and selling what i could. i kept the axles and suspension stuff
  20. B

well here is what i started with: put 32s on it and wheeled it too hard for the stock **** to take, needless to say, i broke a bunch of **** when the decision was made to do the sas i picked up a 1979 bronco as a donor:
Back