Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

EF 20th Anniversary Events - Planning for 2016!!!

I'll be there at Badlands. I'll post around the Indiana and expo pages :)
  2. C

1st Gen SAS Toyota Steering Box??

I may also be able to "fix" this by adding bumpstops. No...i don't have any right now. How have you all mounted yours? I was thinking about adding them inside the coil, similar to a jeep setup.
  3. C

1st Gen SAS Toyota Steering Box??

Calling in the group on this one. I have a 93 with full width dana 44 1 ton steering with tie rod flip. I moved the axle forward a couple inches when building it a couple years ago. The 1 ton linkage is brand new. The problem is that because I have so little lift (~5" total) i'm smacking the...
  4. C

First gen explorer pickup

Do you have a build thread anywhere dymondD? That's about the best chop top ive seen.
  5. C

Shifting from a stopped position

Try bleeding the clutch may still have air in it from replacing it. Its free...at least :D
  6. C

93 cranks no start code 14

Ok so i did some ckp testing. I have voltage to the sensor. However, i'm picking up no ac volt at the sensor while cranking the engine. I took it off and put it in my vice, hooked up my leads and passed a screw driver past the pickup and nothing as well. Does this sound like a thorough test?
  7. C

OK.... To test i'm going to seeing by that pull a part and get a new CPs. I have a test light and I do have power to the coil. I might throw my old coil on to see if I may had a bad one (another pull a part piece). I'm showing no spark at all right now. Pulled a plug out put it on the manifold...
  8. C

OK trying the tap idea right now. Just waiting for the electrical cleaner to dry. I've had a hard start issue for a while now. The truck doesn't get driven much. That CPS has definitely been underwater though. If I were to clear the codes would that show on a koeo test ?
  9. C

I have a code 14 which is a circuit fault in the ignition... Where do I start looking though for the source? I can sas an explorer just fine but electronic issues are black magic to me. Just looking for a nudge in the right direction. Thanks
  10. C

Need An Engine Bay Ignition Switch

I'm alone trying to diagnose a no start condition on my 93. I really need a way to start the truck under the hood. I can't find what i'm looking for though. Any tips? Thanks
  11. C

Barn Find 1993 Explorer

Of course replace fuel and fuel filter. once done when you turn the key to run do you hear the hum of the fuel pump. If not check the fuses/relays if they test out good then think about replacing the pump.
  12. C

FNG here

Not sure where you could find a brand new module other than directly from ford. You can shift the x-case manually. Just take the shift motor off and turn the selector in the case. While you're there might just try to see if the shift motor is working. If not used they will kind of seize up...but...
  13. C

Hand Throttle: HOW TO

Sounds like a bad idea.
  14. C

LT or SAS???

They are great, i am on mine all the time! I cut out my rockers and placed the sliders where they use to be. It really tucks them up nice and high and gives me 2"s total of clearance under the body with no extra lift. With the setup I talked about above you'll be able to do a ton. Mine (35"s...
  15. C

Show of hands

You got the one from the junk yard! nice :D Now...find me one of those nice rust free tejas 1st gens for a couple hundo ;). I want a minimal rust roller for a resto
  16. C

LT or SAS???

They protect your rockers. You can lay the rig on them with no damage. I have a tread about mine on here somewhere.
  17. C

LT or SAS???

Personally i'd say neither. Save your money, a sas is way overkill for a dd sometimes trail toy with only 33"s. I'd put your coil overs on like you said, shackles, then spend the rest of the money on a set of air lockers, gears, sliders, etc.
  18. C

2wd SAS conversion?

How bout just a good quality 2wd lift. You are in for much much (MUCH) more work doing an sas than a bolt on 2wd kit.
  19. C

Off-framing my gen 2 to an F150 shortbed

Mynameisaric did that. The 81 is a ttb though...since this is in the sas forum are you wanting a Solid axle up front?
  20. C

Another 52 Ford F1 on Explorer chassis

for the love of god please do not paint that body
  21. C

Coils for 99 sas swap

Early Bronco 3.5VR coils are what I run. I'm going to try a set of heep coils though I think. The eb coils work real nice though.
  22. C

33's with NO lift

I had issues on long extremely steep hills...and in the rocks it plain sucked. With the 5.13's i idle over stuff I use to have to struggle over. Proper gearing just makes everything nice. I hope to put a doubler in sooner than later...
  23. C

33's with NO lift

Just cut the fenders and rub them. Id you hit cut more. I had 31 and 3.27s and it sucked off road in low range and i have a manual. My 35s with 5.13s are so much better. I just idle it die the trail and burp the throttle when needed.
  24. C

Is a Dana 44HD from a '77 as good/strong as one from a '78-79? Found one cheap.

I have a full width 79 d44 under mine. Not that hard to space out the top coil buckets. They CAN be narrowed...just a pain. If you want to run leafs though...pre 78 is your best bet. I'd go with what you found.
Back