Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 0

Mushy brakes 2007 Explorer limited

When I had my 2008 Explorer, I was in the shop and mentioned that my brakes worked fine, but if I stopped hard and kept that firm pressure on the brake pedal the pedal would slowly sink to the floor. He said that was normal because there is a pressure relief valve that keeps the driver from...
  2. 0

Do I have Navigation System?

It's the right VIN. I've got 3 different sources saying it has navigation. The only thing that makes sense is that it was supposed to have navigation, but it was built wrong. I tried to argue with them, but they're convinced they're right.
  3. 0

I finally had time to go to the dealer (not where I bought it) with the original window sticker in hand. It lists: EQUIPMENT GROUP 301A *VOICE ACT NAVIGATION SYS They claim that means turn by turn voice instructions. Then he shows me this HVBoM - Features for VIN which has under the section...
  4. 0

Is the navigation app something I can get and reinstall myself, or would I have to take it to a dealer to have it done?
  5. 0

It's the Limited. I've tried removing and reinserting the SD card, several times. I did the master reset, but it didn't reset back to factory default. The background picture I added was still there. The only difference I could tell was my phone information was gone and the lighting was...
  6. 0

I just bought a 2012 Explorer. I checked the link with my vin, and the original window sticker was in the glove box. They both say I have navigation, It even has the (A3) navigation SD card installed, but the display has information in the top right corner and the navigation menus in the...
  7. 0

Brake Vibration Not Caused By Warped Rotors

It could be sticking caliper pins. Clean and lube, or just replace them.
  8. 0

Brakes pulsating ?

It could be a sticking caliper pin. I chased pulsating brakes on mine. I even checked the rotors with a dial indicator to make sure they weren't warped. The brakes were about due for pads and rotors anyway so I replaced them (with EBC) and replaced the pins while I was in there. The disc...
  9. 0

ABS tone ring question.

They're built into the wheel hubs.
  10. 0

Stall in reverse

2002 transmissions are a known problem. I'm not sure, but I believe they start jumping when you go into reverse. It gets worse from there. I haven't had one, I had a 2003. I'm sure a quick search for transmission will get you a more accurate description of the problems.
  11. 0

ABS Failure

You probably have a bad sensor or wheel bearing. There's a sensor, I believe, on the rear differential and one in each front wheel bearing assembly. The front bearings are known for causing ABS warnings when they go out. When I had my 2003, it did the same thing. At low speeds I would give...
  12. 0

Parts Cleaner in engine????

What's going to happen when you fill the cylinders with kerosene and pump it into the exhaust system?
  13. 0

Please help Everyone is lost as what is wrong

Will it start while hooked up to a jumper battery? Invalid key sounds like a PATS problem which will, I believe, disable the starter. That wouldn't drain the battery. If it starts, runs a while, then kills the battery, I'd suspect the alternator.
  14. 0

Does the tire pressure sensor have a battery, if so can it be replaced?

You'll be back for the fourth, then something else. These guys are just throwing parts at it.
  15. 0

ABS Light has been on for 2 months.

ABS failures are dangerous. Once the ABS light comes on the system is disabled, meaning you have good old fashioned brakes. When the system is sort of working, the system can interpret a skidding wheel when it isn't and turn the brakes loose to stop the skid. When I got my 2003, the rear...
  16. 0

Does the tire pressure sensor have a battery, if so can it be replaced?

The timing of the battery failure is suspicious. Possible, but I don't like coincidence when something comes back from the shop not working. I think they didn't reprogram the new sensor when they replaced it, or broke the other sensor changing the tire. I wouldn't be surprised if the battery...
  17. 0

Potential 2006-2010 Shopper.... please help!

I traded a 2003 V6 for a 2008 V8. Much better ride and handling. The later 2008 models have Sync, which I like. I believe the spark plug issue was resolved on engines built after November 2008. I have had a broken exhaust manifold stud. I'm glad I have an extended warranty. I used it a...
  18. 0

ABS Light has been on for 2 months.

The ABS light is also a common symptom of a failing wheel bearing.
  19. 0

strange issue with 07 V8, no diagnostic lights

You can pull the coils off and inspect the boots. Look for cracks, burn marks, anything that doesn't look like the others. Put some dielectric grease on the inside of the boots when you put them back on. If they're in decent shape, the grease alone might be good enough.
  20. 0

strange issue with 07 V8, no diagnostic lights

I had the same problem. Slight acceleration on the highway would do it. It was one of the coil pack boots. New boot, no more problem. The updated plugs went into engines built after November 2007. Mine was built one month too soon.
  21. 0

Window Sticker Acquisition

I got this link here, somewhere. Paste this in the address bar and type your VIN at the end: http://services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=
  22. 0

Dashboard light question

The dimmer switch probably got unplugged, or a wire broke. Normally if it's turned all the way down the dash lights will go out.
  23. 0

Is Explorer Sport Ecoboost fastest 7 seater SUV?

Having been a passenger in the third row of a Denali yesterday, I would say it's not fair to call it a 7 passenger SUV. The floor is about 4 inches below the top of the seat and it goes all 8 inches up to the back of the second row seats. Those are not seats for people with legs. I had to sit...
  24. 0

What brand tires to get?

I put on a set of Nitto Crosstek CUV tires for $166 each. I've only had them about a month, so I don't know how the tread wear is. They do have a 60K warranty. The ride is every bit a smooth as the Michelin Cross Terrain I had and now I don't get pushed around when it gets real windy.
  25. 0

Ford, Ford, Ford....

I like how Mr. Optimistic says "Never winter driven" while posting a picture of it in the snow, with tire tracks under it.
Back