Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

1994 explorer wheel alignment

I was going to tell you about the key in the notch but you found it...otherwise that is the easiest bearing tightener I've ever seen and works like a charm...I went ahead and bought the socket for that which is 3&a half inches across but it has paid for itself several times I just want to know...
  2. S

fuel pump??

I found none of the above worked and so just used starting fluid sprayed into the injector hood opening and the thing started right up...
  3. S

94 explorer fuel pump

fuel pump repair Yes...you need to take off the tank "cover plate" the large flat piece of steel surrounding the tank ...four bolts and at least an hours worth of work...and drop the tank AFTER emptying it...gas weighs 6#'s per gallon so a full tank is 120#'s...SOME rear seats have a panel...
  4. S

Fuel Pump Repair

Ok...I have had no success with the special tooling for the "quick disconnect" and the one question still remains...does the "5 gal" rule actually mean anything, putting at least five gallons in after replacing the pump to start up again? I heard this from other mechanics but haven't had a...
  5. S

Fuel Pump Repair

I heard from a cpl of reliable people that there is a situation where when you replace the pump you have to put in 5 + gals of gas to get it to start...is that true? I will do it but with the price of uel so high I don't want to put 5 gals in without it being the problem...anyone know?
  6. S

Fuel Pump Repair

Ok...I'll go for a pressure test but where and how? Is there a tool readily available for that? Is there any way to put on an emergency fuel pump bypass pump in case another fuel pump gives out? Is it true that the pressure sytem is really high pressure? I need a book from some publisher...
  7. S

Fuel Pump Repair

btw...I did not change the filter as it had the special connections problem which I bought a tool for but cannot make it work...anything anyone knows about how to do that would be great...it's a 1994, btw, if that makes a huge difference...
  8. S

Fuel Pump Repair

Fuel pump was R&R'd and I left the "skid plate" off...highly recommend you do that...it is horrible to get off. Now the car will not start and I have replaced the MAF sensor and the CRankcase Position Sensor and made sure the pump inertia switch is back on...still won't start. Used starting...
  9. S

Engine turns off while driving

I take it you didn't try to start while the car was still in motion...you should at least try. Otherwise I found that the Crankshaft Position Sensor on my Explorer was going bad (it was doing the same thing) and am in process of replacing it. It's just under the water pump in front and is a...
Back