Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

4.0 OHV into 4.0 24v COSWORTH

Sorry CDW6212R, I Don't think a porting job would be of much good :( the ports are of a very open short and unrestricted design, i guess you could improve slightly by removing and casting marks and giving them a slight polish, but other than that there is not much material to remove before...
  2. R

Hi there! Thank you very much for the fast reply. I will have to dig out all the specific dimensions of the 2.9, however the DOHC heads supposedly flow well enough as standard for 300 brake... As it stands i would like a twin turbo, 24v 4.0l for my car! But to be honest im not overly...
  3. R

Explorer V6 engine info

thanks very much for the reply! Why do you think they ran together for so long?
  4. R

Explorer V6 engine info

Hi there guys, Im from the UK and want to start a new project!... The most common cologne over here is the 2.9 V6, however i have easy access to the 24v cosworth heads. I would like to make a 4.0l 24v engine.... Can you tell me what years the engines went from OHV to SOHC? and...
  5. R

Hi there Tobbe, Hope it is all still going okay! Why did you not install into a Sierra in the end? Quick question, Although you say the 4.0 block is some 20mm taller could you have installed the crank into the 2.9 block with different pistons and con-rods? I would quite like to...
Back