Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. Tyson128

2002 Limited No start

I've got a Limited with 140,000 that doesn't start after changing the fuel pump. It still has low fuel pressure from the fuel valve. It has a new starter and fuel pump still doesn't start. Battery's new, as is ignition coil. Anything suggestions? Thanks
  2. Tyson128

Recommended Connecting rod bolts

Connecting rod bolts I ordered a reman crank and rods .10 over. My guy who is assembling the engine says that he put 10.lbs of torque on the two of the rod bolts and they broke.:( I think they spec at 25 to 28 pounds. He wouldn't continue without saying "Get some rod bolts." the old ones...
  3. Tyson128

Recommended Connecting rod bolts

Hi Guys and Gals: I have OHV 4.liter V6 I'm putting back together. The rod bearings did the smoke test due to the cam syncronizer gear stripping which drives the oil pump. Are there connecting rod bolts for the 4.0 liter? 1) ARP does not recommend rod bolts of any they make. 2) The...
  4. Tyson128

4.2 Crank for 4.0

4.2 for 4.0 Thanks
  5. Tyson128

4.2 Crank for 4.0

I 've got a 97 4.0 block that just spit out a main bearing. Question : Can I use a f150 4.2 Crank without changing the pistons? If I do what pistons shouls I use. I have 91 to 94's for increased compression reliably. Thanks:thumbsup:
  6. Tyson128

Help Please! Idle / Dieing Issues

Dieing Issues Great news! Now you know;)
  7. Tyson128

410 cam install - retune required?

Oh yeah, You have made a timing, intake, and exhaust duration change to your engine. You'll want to take maximum advantage of your gotten gains. You'll have a seat of the pants feel with a tune for your machine.:D
  8. Tyson128

Help Please! Idle / Dieing Issues

Check your oil cap for the presence of a milky white substance . Possiblr anti freeze in the oil?
  9. Tyson128

Completed Project Brandon's mild 4.0 OHV build

I had similar problem a couple of weeks ago. Try : 1) retighten the heads bolts. 2) retighten the intake manifold bolts. Hope it works for you.
  10. Tyson128

Fel-pro valve cover gasket and RTV Prior to applying a used valve cover lightly tap the screw holes on the inside of the valve cover. with the ball side of a ball peen hammer to even the holes out to the rest of the cover and allows the screw to gain more purchase in fastening the cover...
  11. Tyson128

That's you passed the boys in blue.:D Its sounds wonderful!!
  12. Tyson128

Hey Brandon Plan on a tranny service too. I put my foot in the "mild' side of my 95Limited and my transmission toke a dump. aggravating problems any with the garbage engine I had before the souped up one got in there.
  13. Tyson128

Air ride system & battery recharging issues.

Thanks one of the last PITA in this 95 except fot the engine swap. The V8 Mounty is heading to the boneyard sooooon
  14. Tyson128

Air ride system & battery recharging issues.

What if I want to Disable the AIR shocks and be normal? I have a 95 limited with an air ride system. I want to go with regular shocks. What do I have to remove the air ride completely?:thumbdwn: Thanks
  15. Tyson128

Looks Sweet!!
  16. Tyson128

Understood on the Delta Cams and pushrods piece: Here's that link I got on the cam sensor fitment: http://www.asashop.org/autoinc/may2004/techtips.htm
  17. Tyson128

Delta cams might be the move. They did a great job on mine. I was pleasantly surprised.
  18. Tyson128

I ended up using the newer sensor and assembly on my 95 limited with a 98 engine with an 8 bolt flywheel. The Haynes manual shows the pinouts on both the old connector and the newer piece. I soldered the new connector from Rockauto on the harness. The older one has a shorter reach into the...
  19. Tyson128

I sawzalled the sucker as I planned on a y tube. the bolts were a little easier but there's always one or two
  20. Tyson128

Intake cleaning Yeah Mine was jacked up too. I put it in a bath of Simple Green and hot water.I didn't want to craze the intake. Be careful to replace or replenish those gaskets because if (read when) it leaks when you restart the engine will be a pita. At least your indoors. My repair is...
  21. Tyson128

Great Clean the oil passages as much as possible because they do clog on the front side~Alot~ and starve the cylinders especially #4 and where the oil pressure sensor is located. Atleast that's what I found on 2 OHV engines so far with high miles.
  22. Tyson128

Hi The most helpful piece of information that I got on the compression stroke ever came from a retired mechanic from JFK airport. 1)Remove the #1 piston spark plug. 2)Stuff a small wad of toilet paper about the size of your thumb into the spark plug hole. 3)Rotate the Crankshaft until you...
  23. Tyson128

Great if you can get it. I got the rods to within a gram using a home digital weight scale from Harbor Freight. Go for it.
  24. Tyson128

Brandon96 If I might suggest, weigh your pistons and rods on a grams scale. Take the lightest one and make the others weight the same. I got mine to within +8 grams overall and 1 gram on the rods. The engine will run quieter and smoother with no issues when you push the RPM's
  25. Tyson128

Yeah he's got this programable diagnosic tool from Snap-on that scans the engine.It told me I had a intermittant cam sensor connection, a bad DPFE (which I replaced), checked the engine under load then set the idle at 600 rpm after setting the timing at 20 degrees. All automatically. The check...
Back