Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

93 ranger with no OD and TC lockup

Yes, it is possible that the problem is electrical. On those years the auto tranny was a bit of a hybrid of mechanical and electrical control. For first, second, and third gears, the hydraulic valve body controls the shifting. Once the tranny is in third gear, the valve body ports oil to a...
  2. R

93 Ranger STX

I didn't mean that they couldn't have power windows and locks, I was saying that the original owner chose to delete those options from the STX package.
  3. R

Turning Factory Radius arms in to LongArms

I'm using the stock front driveshaft. There are no adaptors. Both the transfercase and the front axle use Dana/Spicer 1310 U-joints, just like the stock D35 TTB front axle and BW1354 transfer case. I did have to shorten the driveshaft because the D44 has a larger diff housing and the Atlas II...
  4. R

No problems. The u-joints all have enough travel. (barely), angles are all in check, (no vibrations at highway speed), and the slip yoke has plenty of travel. The pivot point of the arms does not have to be lined up with the CV joint at the t-case for the driveline to work properly. You have...
  5. R

Mine. 2"x0.25" DOM, 22" over stock, 2.5" Johnny Joints
  6. R

Flatbed, rollcage phase 2 project

I was thinking about building something along the lines of this: With a roof tent. It would have a small built in kitchen, water tank, hot water heater, tent heater, shower, etc. I want to be able to do multi-day wheeling trips in style like Canyonlands White Rim Trail or longer. I...
  7. R

Does this help? Was there a specific photo you needed?
  8. R

Sorry about that. I went through and deleted a bunch of photos out of my gallery awhile back and I haven't had the time to update stuff including my lame website. I put some new photos in the first post. I have change a few things on the truck since I started this post. I have decided to not...
  9. R

Shock Question

Go ahead and use them. The only thing that could have gone wrong would be the seals drying up, but I doubt that would happen.
  10. R

Custom long arm suspension

The arms are extended about 22", this is twice the extension that the Duff arms have. I also used Johnny Joints instead of heims. The bed works good as long as I'm not in the mud, then mud is on everything. I would leave the roll bar but completely redo the fenders and add some sort of...
  11. R

Custom long arm suspension

Well 3 and 1/2 years after swaping in my EB D44, I finally decided to build a long arm suspension before heading to Moab. This mostly came about because I needed to do some custom fabbing for my Atlas II install. So it all happened at once. It was impressive how much flex this thing has now...
  12. R

Manual Trans. Problem Shifting HELP

There is one other possibility that happened to me. Although the slave cylinder is a common problem, I had the pilot bearing self-destruct on me. The bearing needles jammed and nearly locked the flywheel to the input shaft preventing me from getting the tranny into gear.
  13. R

Winch Tube Bumper

North end of town, Thornton area near hwy 7 and I-25.
  14. R

Winch Tube Bumper

As I recall, it was 25 to 30 degrees from vertical. I just notice you're in Fort Collins. We'll have to meet up sometime. Thanks, compliments are always appreciated.
  15. R

I like this stuff too, but make sure to use primer even though the can says you don't have to. I have put it straight on the metal and it chips off pretty easy.
  16. R

Winch Tube Bumper

yeah, stock mounting locations.
  17. R

Winch Tube Bumper

This is the best shot I have of the mount without taking the bumper off the truck again.
  18. R

I got the lights from www.vehiclelight.com. They sucked to wire up. I had to use a 3 wire to 2 wire converter because I had seperate turn and stop signals and the converter did not work at first. Then I figured out that I needed a dummy load on the primary side of the converter to make it...
  19. R

You basically hit it on the head. The cage was designed for low speed flops and rolls. I will be adding more tube around the cab in the spring I'm guessing. If I needed a cage for high speed protection, I definately would have gone with an internal cage with lots of triangulation.
  20. R

need some input

I used 2x3x3/16". Plenty stiff for supporting the weight of the truck.
  21. R

Nearly done... Unpainted Final Mockup Bedliner paint Installed Still need to wire and install the bed floor
  22. R

Well I've been turning wrenches and tearing stuff apart since about 6 years old. I worked for my grandfather in his shop for 3 years fixing cars. After that I went to college and became the student director for the university's dirt track racing team. While I was there I taught myself to weld...
  23. R

The tube is 2" x .120 wall HREW. Not as strong as 2" x .120 wall DOM, but by the numbers the final product will be strong enough to support an upside down truck. I will be doing an exo cage around the cab. My plan is to put a halo over the cab, have bars follow the A-pillars and go into...
Back