Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 9

Swapping out the AC Unit.

Thanks for the help fella's. I took the belt off and it seems to be the alternator. Its frozen. Thanks once again. Nate.
  2. 9

its a 92, v6. its got plenty miles on it. The donor vehical was a friends of mine that got totalled so claims the insurance company. Its also a 92. The clutch is froze on which i assume would be the compressor. Im not sure how to check the charge of my AC in my vehical. Im positive the AC unit...
  3. 9

I need some advice before it gets dark tonight. I forgot my friend has a totalled X and I could probley swap out the unit. Is it possible and what kinda hassle will i be getting into if someone on this board has expirenced doin such a thing. Thank you guys once again for all the help.
  4. 9

Knocking then smoke *engine*

Is there a way I could replace the clutch on the ac unit? Id really hate to loose my ac.
  5. 9

Do you kno where the best place would be to pick up a replacement belt that would bypass my ac.? Thanks for the help.
  6. 9

I was on my way to check out a 73 Ford when my explorer started to make some funky noise's while driving (knocking). I stopped the X while running and proceeded to look under the hood. When i stepped out of the car it died. No power whatsoever. I ended up mess'n with the battery terminal and...
  7. 9

tvs? visors? = tvs in the visors!

Could you tell us where you got your screens? that **** looks killer dood.
  8. 9

IFab Air-Intake/X having probs.

im pretty sure you talking about the little hose's (2) that come off of the stock airbox. I put the plugs in them that came in the nutz and boltz bag, im still unsure why its sluggish.
  9. 9

new air intake pic

Looks G00d. I just Installed a IFab Air-Intake a few days ago, ill get some pics on the board. No rubber boot on mine, plus that tubing seens to go about 4-6" longer then my whole setup. kontinu1, did you think that the hood wasnt gonna close? mine is sittin on the rad. fan and rubs on the hood.
  10. 9

Ty alec for the help. How would i reset the computer? Yes i have a leak were the MAS connects to the Cone, the gasket was warn down. Also when the MAS was off I cleaned it :D
  11. 9

hehe same explorer! Mine sounds tight as hell when rev'd in neutral (looks tight t00). I just about crapd myself when i seen it in action on how sluggish it is.
  12. 9

Ok, so my x is finally getting somewhere. I posted a super long time ago about my tranny acting up and shure enough, she was toasted! Today she sits with a rebuilt tranny which was done about 8-10 days ago and with a butiful IFab Airintake that i bought with my left over money :D. I installed...
  13. 9

Tranny Doctor Needed!

Tranny Fluid was changed less then 4 weeks ago. It was topped off 3 days ago.
  14. 9

Tranny Doctor Needed!

Ok, sorry for not explaining my probley very well. (******* who flamed me for no reason) Off a cold start, it will only shift into 1st and 2nd gear (Manually, keep in mind its a automatic) If I put it in Drive or OverDrive it just stays in 2nd gear. Once warmed up it actually runs normal...
  15. 9

Tranny Doctor Needed!

Tranny Doctor Needed! (Opinions!) Well, my X is currently Limping. I need some fellow Explorer owners opinion on what is wrong with my transmission and whether or not is salvagable. Cold Start: Wont shift into gears, have to manually shift with a automatic. :mad: Wont get past 2nd gear...
  16. 9

93 Ranger Heads on 92 X

Except there is one thing different, Homer drinks Duff, i drink bud. LoL
  17. 9

93 Ranger Heads on 92 X

I know they wont fit, but i wanna make them fit.
  18. 9

Change of Face

I just posted in lighting about doing some sort of frontend swap. I wanna get projector headlights for a 93-97 ranger, and put them in my 92 x. Im really interested in it, and id probley go thru great trouble to make it work. Any more info would be welcomed.
  19. 9

93 Ranger Heads on 92 X

Im shure it aint possible in the thinking, but think work and making it work. I really want projector headlights on my 1st gen X to make it l00k new. I just got my tails off ebay for x-mas, they l00k sweet by the way. (Pic Coming) I wanna somehow Fit these 93-97 Ranger heads in the front...
  20. 9

YES! I LOVE CHRISTMAS!

And i thought my lump of coil was awsome!! :confused:
  21. 9

91-94 Altezzas...want pics

Dead Link Removed They have updated there site with pics of the carbon fiber and smoked tails.
  22. 9

91-94 Altezzas...want pics

im getting a pair for x-mas. Hopefully mine will look as cool.....How about washin that X? :D
  23. 9

ROLLED THE LIFTED ST (NOW WITH PHOTOS)

1st the worst :roll: 2nd...:roll: 3rd time is a charm :roll: Glad to see your okie! Hope to see the new X project Beefy and ready for anything! X-mas is coming, and so is my X :D
  24. 9

My Pretty Eddie Bauer

Was that a Tire Package? Tire&Rims
  25. 9

My Pretty Eddie Bauer

In Reply to your cheap basterd comment. ---------------------------------------------------- Dont we all wish we were! It really does look fanstastic.
Back