Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

5.OL shortblock swap

actually the stock cam is in that motor. it made 338 at the tires @ 4* retarded, victor 5.0 intake, z304 heads, 75mm tb, 90mm maf, 1 7/8" kooks headers. its not the coil bind on the stock springs that causes issues, its the lower spring rates. you want to run the stiffest springs you can get...
  2. B

5.OL shortblock swap

Advancing(or retarding the cam) small amounts brings the power in 200-300 RPM earlier or sooner in the power range. Since the GT40p setup doesn't make use of high rpm grunt make that work for you by bringing power in a little sooner. Make sure you upgrade the springs on the heads, they suck...
  3. B

Aluminum Heads

afr heads do not have a raised port until you get into the 225's. canfields and z304 heads are also raise port, not quite as high as a TFS high port head. Get the AFRs, you will be fine, if you went from a GT40 head to a P head youd have to mod the header to make the plugs fit, all but a hand...
  4. B

5.OL shortblock swap

which studs? what heads did you end up going w/? i was confused by that last post about the heads. And as for the stock 5.0 pistons having a dish, you're referring to the 4 valve reliefs and not an actual dish right? either way, you need a 53cc head to make over 10:1 on a stock piston since...
  5. B

Building/Buying a 400+ HP 5.0 to drop in Explorer

i'd be less interested in 400hp and more w/ the torque. I can put a 400 RWHP 302 together but you aren't going to like it in an explorer, it didn't make peak power until 6600, make less than 200 rwhp all the way to 3500, peaky isn't even the word for that dyno chart) Go 347, change the front...
  6. B

Completed Project Eaton M112 Supercharger Installed

this idea has crossed my mind several times. there's a guy on corral.net that sells the adapter to mate the lower to the eaton and a snout extension to line everything up w/ the stock pulleys. should pull like a freight train, or at least a trolley compared to stock. and I was just excited to do...
  7. B

Loads of parts to go

i'm interested in one of the black steering wheels for a '98. along w/ the following: Radio surround bezel for a 2wd w/ rear defrost and wiper if you have one. Grab handles that go on the head liner in tan shoot me a PM w/ payment info, thanks
  8. B

97 awd 5.0 XLT explorer 75 mm throttle body upgrade?

why no mention of the 1.7 cobra rockers? aside from the fact that they have doubled in price over the last year. the TB isn't hard to do, basically look up the info on how to put an explorer 65mm on a mustang and do the opposite. the intake and P heads will easily outflow a 65mm tb so its not...
  9. B

Front wheel hitting while turning, upper arm at fault?

I really couldn't figure out a good title for this one. I have a 98 2wd XLT V8 4dr. I recently put new front brakes, rotors, bearings and shocks. I intended on replacing the upper and lower ball joints (upper arm, lower b.j.) but being short on time that weekend I didn't buy them. My...
  10. B

Possible to switch bumper covers?

Can someone tell me what year front end that is on the mounty? Thats exactly what I need to set off mine once the wife turns loose of it.
Back