Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Another power window problem

Ok I think I found the problem/problems. I pulled the boot off in the door jam of the driver side door and instantly found multiple broken wires. There are small wires which look like they go to the unlock/lock buttons, I think they are 16 guage and then there are slightly larger wires which...
  2. T

1996 Explorer Power Window Fix

The panel is under the dash on the driver side. It is just up to the right of the gas pedal on the side where the stereo/center console is. It is very slim and is just a plain black unmarket box. It should be easy to see. Looking up and using a light helps. On my X, nothing was marked on...
  3. T

Another power window problem

Hi all, I have been reading through all of the threads on power window problems and have already attempted some of the fixes with no result so far today. My truck: 1998 XLT, 4 door, 4x4. Problem: Randomly all 4 windows stopped working. No switch for any window would work. 1 day later...
  4. T

Rough idle intermit hesitations and more

Eventual fix: There was water and a bunch of sediment in the gas tank, fuel filter filled with water. Gas tank needed to be ripped out and cleaned, get rid of all water, new fuel filter, clean lines. We had originally thought of this when we were looking at the vehicle. We put some drying...
  5. T

So we checked all injectors and they are all working equally fine...also all working equally fine while the vehicle is misfiring. We hooked it up to the scanner again and now are getting misfires in other cylinders. I think Cyl 1 and 2 are the only ones we didn't get a misfire in. I got P0300...
  6. T

Ok I will attempt that. Any chance it is some sort of sensor. I've been reading about problems with IAC, DPFE, ACT, IAT etc etc. ???
  7. T

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

I'm guessing this is not the same on a 1998? Because I have a similar problem and was trying to locate the same hose on my engine and couldn't find it.
  8. T

So if the coil pack didn't fix it, whatyou're suggesting is that its the fuel injector(s)?
  9. T

The problem seems to be getting worse and worse. Yesterday I had my check engine light actually flashing at me and the vehicle was extremely underpowered. I just barely made it home. I decided to pick up a new coil pack. I installed that today. It didn't seem to make much of a difference...
  10. T

New Updates I have some new updates on this problem which is still ongoing. The vehicle never gave a check engine light originally untill yesterday. Just after accelerating through the rough idling the light came on. So I got it scanned, just one code. P0305 - cylinder 5 misfire. We...
  11. T

What did it end up being? hah. I actually just recently changed the fuel filter. I did alot of maintenance about 4k km ago. Oil/filter, plugs/wires, air filter, coolant flush, fuel filter, injector cleaner. But i've been driving fine for 4k km with all of that done and even took it on a...
  12. T

Hey everyone, I'm having a weird problem(s) with my explorer. Its a 1998 XLT 4x4, 145k km. Everything was fine and dandy with the truck, it ran beautiful and no signs of a problem. When I was driving about 40km/hr on a road the engine just turned off like a light switch, no hesitation or...
  13. T

Check engine light - EVAP

Hey everyone, My car has been throwing a check engine light code on and off for quite some time. I will get it cleared by my buddy at his shop and then it will come back on in a matter of a week or so or less. The code that I keep getting is P0455 - EVAP, emission control system gross leak...
  14. T

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10

I was quoted 40-50 more per tire compared to the BFG ATs. For some reason the BFGs seem to be one of the cheaper AT tires I could buy in Canada.
  15. T

New BFG ATs - review

I don't know about in the states but for some reason these tires seem to be fairly cheap in BC. The shop I got them from gave me the set cheaper than it would have been to go online from any site, TireRack, Ebay etc. They were cheaper than most of the Highway all season sets I was looking at.
  16. T

Hankook DynaPro ATM RF10

A buddy of mine sells these tires at his performance parts shop and says he has been sellin a ton of them and everyone seems to be in love with them. I was thinking about getting them but they were a bit out of my price range. With the price I was quoted they were going to cost me about 200...
  17. T

New BFG ATs - review

I was hearing that they were really noisy from alot of people but I didn't really know what to expect because I haven't had a real truck tire like this before. I definitly notice that they are alot louder than the previous tires which were Wranger RT/S but it's not as bad as I expected from...
  18. T

New BFG ATs - review

Hey everyone, After spending about a week reading up about tires and reading reviews and comparing prices I finally found my new set of tires for my 98 XLT. I just got a set of 30x9.5/15 BFG All Terrain T/A KO tires from a local tire shop out here in Victoria. I ended up gettin a pretty...
  19. T

98 XLT 6 disc cd changer problems

I tried this, but it was a black plug not a red plug. Unless I was looking at the wrong one, I only saw one though. When I look down the crack in the opening face plate you can see a little white/silver metal piece which looks like it is stuck in one of the positions, so i'm thinking it is...
  20. T

Didn't see this before the trip, just got back, it was awesome. But I will try this later on today and report back.
  21. T

The fuse was a 25amp fuse and it didn't work, so not sure if slot 29 was actually the correct one or not. I'm about to leave on holidays so don't really have time to figure this out right now, but will get back to it in a couple weeks, thanks for all the replies.
  22. T

Thanks fixxxer I will try that first as it won't include taking out the cd changer. And I guess if something is stuck in there that would mean I need to take it out and open it up? Is it difficult to take out the changer?
  23. T

Ok I just tried what was mentioned above and it didn't really do anything. It didn't change sounds at all when pushing down on the unit and hitting eject versus just hitting eject. I couldn't feel any kind of pressure on the faceplate or anything either. It just sounds like it is cycling...
  24. T

You are talking about the faceplate on the changer unit correct? That says #1-6 etc. What if there aren't any cds in there? Would it still open properly? I will attempt that. I assume we're talking about the same thing.
  25. T

Hey everyone, I just recently bought a used 98 XLT with a stock 6 disc cd changer located in the center console. My problem is that I can't seem to figure out how to work it. When i slide the cover away to expose the changer unit and push eject button on the unit nothing happens. It just...
Back