Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Exterior Lights on w/unlock

so, if I understand correctly, I could run a wire from the headlight switch to the puddle light circuit (I assume I could wire this directly into the mirror) and there would be no issues? And how would I do it "properly". Sorry for all the questions, I'm not exactly familiar with the electrical...
  2. M

So if I do that would it cause the interior lights to come on when I turn on the exterior lights or just the other way around? Also would it cause any problems (blown fuses, etc.) since the exterior lights pull so much power?
  3. M

Would it be possible to have the tail lights and parking lights (or head lights) come on when I unlock my Explorer with the remote? I was thinking there might be a way to do it by hooking them into the interior lights (since they come on when you unlock the doors), does anyone know if this is...
  4. M

5r55w transmission flawed?--Opinions

I have a 2002 XLS with the same transmission and just found out it needs to be rebuilt before it fails completely (quote for rebuild - $2500, quote for new transmission $3500). I believe this is totally unacceptable on a vehicle that just passed 90,000 miles. After I found out about this I did...
  5. M

Should I change my transmission fluid?

I have a 2002 Explorer XLS 4.0L V6. I bought the car used in November 2007 with 73,000 miles on it. It currently has 90,000 miles. I have no idea if the transmission fluid was ever changed before I bought it, and I have not changed it since I bought it. I know it "should" be changed at 90,000...
  6. M

eddie bauer/limited steering wheel on 02 xls

I would like to get a steering wheel from an eddie bauer or limited explorer to put in my 02 xls. I want to do this so I can use the radio buttons on the wheel, and the climate controls as well, if I can. Are the wires there to do this, and if not would it be difficult? Also, can I remove my...
  7. M

Power Seats on 02 XLS

I've been reading some posts on here about people putting power seats into XLS's which have stock manual seats. I haven't seen any clear answers as to whether this is a simple install. Is it already wired for power seats or would I have to do it?
  8. M

Heated Mirrors on 02 XLS

I previously asked about adding 4th gen mirrors w/puddle lamps to my 02 xls and was told they would fit and the wiring is already there for the puddle lamps. Now that I am ready to order the mirrors I was wondering if there is already the wiring for heat. My understanding is that in 3rd gen...
  9. M

Adding Puddle Lights to 02 XLS

Thanks everyone. And by the way, I definitely think the 4th gen mirrors are way better on 3rd gens. They're bigger and the shape is much better, the round mirrors look ridiculous.
  10. M

Adding Puddle Lights to 02 XLS

I read a thread on here which says the 06-09 side mirrors will fit on 02-05 Explorers. I plan on buying them on eBay for $112, and I would like to get the ones with puddle lights. My current mirrors do not have puddle lights. Does anyone know if the wires are the same on 4th gen as 3rd gen? And...
  11. M

Location of RAP, GEM, and PATS modules on 02-05 Explorer

I am looking for whichever of these "tells" the turn signals and tail lights to flash when you press the lock button on the key fob. If anyone knows which one this is, or knows the location of any of them, please let me know. Thanks
  12. M

Anti-Theft Flashing Lights

Is it possible that there is a loose connection from the anti-theft module? I had problems when I first got the car with the rear window buttons not working and took off the switch panel and found the connection was loose. The same thing happened recently with the brake sensor coming loose, so I...
  13. M

Is it possible to reset something in the car to make the lights flash?
  14. M

No, I always use the remote to lock it.
  15. M

Mine does the same except the tail lights do not flash.
  16. M

When I press the lock button twice the horn honks once but the lights do not flash. And btw, I totally agree about unnecessarily honking the horn, especially early in the morning/late at night, since you can hear the doors lock anyway. I use the horn usually when I'm in a parking lot, etc...
  17. M

Exactly, mine don't flash at all when I lock/unlock it.
  18. M

I don't mean like excessive flashing or anything, but usually on stock anti-theft systems, the lights flash once or twice when you lock/unlock the car with the remote. Every car I've seen with stock alarms has this (i.e. Jeep Patriot-2007, Jeep Grand Cherokee-2001, Lincoln Navigator-2003,2004...
  19. M

What is the module?
  20. M

It is the stock keyfob (4 buttons for 2002: unlock, lock, panic, rear window) that came with the car.
  21. M

I have a key fob to lock/unlock my explorer, and have noticed that whenever I lock or unlock it, the lights do not flash like every other car i've seen with keyless entry. The horn does honk when I press the lock button twice, and the interior lights come on when I unlock it. Does anyone know if...
Back