Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. P

If anyone needs a new front axle shaft seal or just wants one just in case.

I just posted one on ebay. Sorry I can't post in the for sale threads but I don't want people that might actually need the part to miss out. http://www.ebay.com/itm/221002828564?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649#ht_500wt_1287 If you want you can make me an offer and Ill...
  2. P

"How To" on a 2" body lift for '95 and up

Take any pics while you were doing this? Also would a 3" lift of the same work?
  3. P

Bank 1 and Bank 2 Lean... Please help

Well I have the ohv valve but both points sound valid to me
  4. P

Bank 1 and Bank 2 Lean... Please help

Ok let me explain, my check engine light is on and it says Bank 1 and Bank 2 are lean. Now let me tell you what all I've done. Cleaned my MAF, Replaced the fuel filter, Replaced the air filter and I replaced an 02 sensor a while ago. When I replaced the o2 sensor the computer told me exactly...
  5. P

Weird front end noise offroading

no play in my front end. pretty much just rebuilt it with new upper ball joints, right side drive axle, sway bar links and the lowers were replaced not to long ago. Tie rods dont have any play either. Leave my front sway bar connected but I do have the torsion bars tightened. But its seeming to...
  6. P

Weird front end noise offroading

I've been 4x4ing often lately and it seems that after a while I keep noticing this weird noise coming from my front when I flex my front suspension a little or a lot. The only way I can explain the noise is a noise old nissan hard body pickups make when you make a really hard turn because they...
  7. P

HELPPP!!!! Wheel bearing or Brake assembly

So I went to uwharrie national forest today to ride some trails and of course something had to happen. Early today I replaced my drive axle on the right side so I had to take everything off and put it back on so it could be a loose brake part or it could be my wheel bearing. Only does it while...
  8. P

How to: 2nd gen bodylift - PA 883 Bodylift Instructions

Anyone done a write up for the 853 kit for a below 98 model? I have a 97 sport, is it pretty much the same as this?
  9. P

Anyway to mount struts to axle on leaf under?

sorry guys, put it in the wrong section and couldnt delete it. never do it again i promise:( But gmanpaint where did you buy them??
  10. P

Did you weld those yourself??
  11. P

opps sorry, I felt I posted it in the wrong place.
  12. P

id love to do a soa conversion if i had a way to lift the front just as easy. Dont want to ride around in a drag explorer. Any reason i shouldnt do it with spring under?
  13. P

which lower mounts are you talking about? The ones on the spring perch or something else? And how did they break? Did they break because you moved the springs or were they already broken? Anddd can you replace the bump stops with bigger ones... Andddddd lastly howd you reinforce them?
  14. P

any issues from moving shock mount locations? saw a thread where a guy removed his rear sway bar then put some pro comp shock brackets there and then mounted his shocks there which seems like a wonderful idea to me because i seem to get caught up a lot where my shock comnnects to my leaf...
  15. P

sooo if i disconnect my rear sway bar and use the pro comp shock studs and mount my shocks where my rear sway bar was, will i have adverse side effects? Will my suspension be all out of wack because my shocks arent attached to my leaf?
  16. P

So going from this to this should be no problem? it seems they are at the same level and shouldnt compress any quicker. I read somewhere that some disconnected there rear sway bar and mounted them there. Is that ok? Will I get any bad driving effects from not having a rear sway bar? Also, only...
  17. P

hey guys, just wondering id theres anyway to mount the struts on a spring under rear axle onto the axle like spring overs. Maybe weld the connectors on from a spring over. I have a 97 sport and it really makes me sad that i keep getting stuck just because of my shock mounts. Ive seen the mount...
  18. P

bad idea to mount shock on axle for spring under?

hey guys, just wondering id theres anyway to mount the struts on a spring under rear axle onto the axle like spring overs. Maybe weld the connectors on from a spring over. I have a 97 sport and it really makes me sad that i keep getting stuck just because of my shock mounts. Ive seen the mount...
  19. P

Help me with my leaky explorer.

i was just thinking. Could it be that my new drive axle is not properly locked in and sealed? It was the first time I had ever done it when I replaced it. But for the tcase sensor, do I need to replace to seal or can I just use the RTV to cover it for now?
  20. P

Oh sweet thanks, that solves at least one problem.
  21. P

I think the pic may be confusing. That's coming out of the right side of the differential(passenger side). Its not the driveshaft.
  22. P

For that how should i put the rtv? I actually have some sitting on my desk.
  23. P

Have a 97 explorer sport. Have a few leaks going on. First is off my front differential. Replaced the drive axle a while ago and outer seal but cant quite figure out why oils coming from the inside now. Heres a pics and blue represents where oils coming from and the trail it's leading going to...
  24. P

Leaky Front Differential

bump...
  25. P

Leaky Front Differential

also seems to be making a humming noise when I accelerate but I wasnt sure if that was from low oil or something else.
Back