Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

$269 for Tie Rod

They need to be filled with grease after they are installed.
  2. B

$269 for Tie Rod

When you buy online you are paying closer to the wholesale end, shops are always going to charge full list. Many charge over full list so they can build in profit on the parts.
  3. B

$269 for Tie Rod

Rockauto sells the inner, Moog, for your X for $31.79. $270 for that job, even with alignement, is a complete joke.
  4. B

Abs Lite Always On

Yes, but none of them are under $1,500.
  5. B

Abs Lite Always On

AutoXray doesn't read ABS codes. It could be anything, you'll need to find a scanner that will read ABS, and most of the consumer models don't.
  6. B

Rear end rattles/ squeaks

Squeaking could be just the leaf springs, spray some WD40 in between each of the springs and see if it goes away. Sometimes the rubber pads between the springs fall out and causes them to make a lot of noise.
  7. B

Random rough idle, random perfectly smooth idle, no engine code. Please help!

Hmm, looks like you've covered the basics. If it were the IAC I wouldn't think it would do it up in the power band, they usually only got nutzo at idle. Perhaps a throttle position sensor is sticking a bit? You have no vac leaks either?
  8. B

Rear E Brake Shoe Replacement

You need to pull the rear axle's to have full access. You can do the job without removing them, but it's kind of a pain in the a$$ since there isn't much room to work. I did mine without removing the axles and it took me about 2 hours. If you tackle the job spend the $15 or so and get a...
  9. B

What tires?

I just got Michelin LTX M/S a few weeks ago, great tire. Very comfortable on the road and very little noise. The M/S stands for Mud/Snow......so there ya go. ;)
  10. B

Rotors Question/Brakes question

www.rockauto.com
  11. B

Tune up time, what to do, where to purchase?

Bosch plugs are garbage, don't use them. You can get most of the other stuff on your list from www.rockauto.com They carry Motorcraft stuff for really good prices.
  12. B

Where to order OOM12 kit and washer from?

It will run $1000-$1300 at a Ford dealer to have them fix it. If you are new at this, or don't have a lot of knowledge about it, you probably don't want to try this as your first major project. It's not a simple repair.
  13. B

general maintenance question...

95's had the OHV's, the chain tensioner was a SOHC problem. If he has 160k miles on that tranny I wouldn't be power flushing it with a machine either, dislodging stuff after that long can plug the filter and cause it to fry. With that many miles he'd be better off dropping the pan and...
  14. B

96 tranny questions....

Tranny fluid is supposed to be changed every 30k miles, and based on your post you've got 105k miles on the current fluid. That's not too good.
  15. B

Tranny fluid question

Use Mercon V, which is required for your tranmission anyway.
  16. B

99 Explorer Startup and Idle issue

When was the last time you replaced the fuel filter?
  17. B

99 Explorer Startup and Idle issue

Bosch plugs are garbage, and Ford motors hate them. I'd yank them and replace them with Motorcrafts and see how much that helps the problem.
  18. B

Is this normal? Rancho Rs5000 question

Thanks guys. I've got all the hardware, at least I think I do. They even included zip ties for the shock boots.
  19. B

Is this normal? Rancho Rs5000 question

I just got my new shocks from the UPS guy today and I've got a quick question. They are fully compressed, but there are no bands or zip ties holding them, I was always under the impression they had to be held in place with something to stay compressed. Is this normal? I've never installed...
  20. B

Zaino testamonial

Sal Zaino is doing a giveaway with the people at DetailersClub http://www.detailersclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1571
  21. B

Spark plug part number?

Ford updates plug numbers constantly, the number Autozone gave you should be fine.
  22. B

Code Help

If an O2 was bad he would have gotten an O2 code long before he got the cat code. O2's are probably the most monitored thing on an OBDII system.
  23. B

Code Help

All the stuff listed in this thread (bad O2's, etc) are causes for the code, it's not going to correct the code. Once the cat is gone, it's gone.
  24. B

stuttering / almost stalling at idle

Clean or replace your idle air control valve.
Back