Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

Are rear window hatch universal?

Great, thanks.
  2. T

Are rear window hatch universal?

Sorry I tried searching but only on mobile and the search bar disappears when I go to enter the text. My rear wiper motor is toast and the bolt is seized. Can I use any year 2002-2005 rear window. Looking at wreckers. Thanks
  3. T

what part is this. i thinks it's causing gas cap code

I was looking at the condition and noticed this was split but no idea what it is. I cut off and forced the end in. Didn't really want to fit. Taped it secure for time being. Reset large evap code and will see.
  4. T

tranny issue help please

Cheapest by $700 dollars. It includes 13% tax we have to pay.......yikes.
  5. T

tranny issue help please

Well I got a tranny install from the wreckers with a year parts and labor for 2k. Hopefully it lasts.
  6. T

tranny issue help please

10th digit is a 2. Time to search scrap yards I guess. Transmission on the door says R.
  7. T

tranny issue help please

I have a 2002 v6 work a build date of 02/01 on the door. For the last month the X felt heavy but drove fine. The other day I was taking my son to hockey practice and it lost D. I pulled over and restarted the X and drove in 3. So now I can drive intermittently in 1-3 but lost D and R. I...
  8. T

Rough Idle/Poor fuel economy. Need help.

I've had this problem for ever. Truck drives great but shakes at idle. The idle is steady, the truck just shakes. I just learned to deal with it. BTW I'm getting about 15mpg on my 02 4.0
  9. T

how to remove rivet attatched to glass

total about 40 minutes you can get them from rockauto, i got mine froma local shop off the Dorman site... I'm in Canada :chug: Local cost was $120 vs $225 dealer. Rockauto is $90 shipped. The speaker needs to come out. That's where you pull out the old and enter the new. I drilled...
  10. T

nevermind, it drilled out. Dorman replacement part was dead easy to fix. Minus the rivet about 10 min install
  11. T

I am ready to replace the driver rear window regulator but the glass is attatched via rivet. how do i get it off? I have do direct access to drill it
  12. T

nevermind - solved it already

Well my wife is barley 5' tall and the seat is now stuck all the way forward. It tries to move back but won't. Track looks clear and all other functions work. Guess i nees to take it off but not sure how. Thanks for any help EDIT: just took wrench and wiggled the threaded rod...
  13. T

Eastern Ontario Explorers

St Catharines
  14. T

Need help!! Window stuck down!

my rear driver side just went. are these dorman any good. I've had to replace all 4 on my lincoln LS, some twice.
  15. T

belt tensioner loose - shakes

no. i still need to figure out the shake.
  16. T

power seat no power, only memory works

ill try to post a pic tomorrow, but its the 30amp under the hood. Its the one closest to the driver, on the right hand side.
  17. T

Wierd Vibration

what was the fix?
  18. T

Any idea what fuse it is? Funny this happened after the cc recall fix.
  19. T

ill have to find out wich one it is, i don't have a manulal yet. If it was a fuse I figureed the seat wouldn't work at all.
  20. T

rear driver window

Thanks, i need to do mine but damn that's expensive.
  21. T

rear window regulator just went to! FTW!
  22. T

well, i needed to move the passenger seat today to fit some lumber and it didn't work. Then i tried the driver seat and still no go. We never noticed because the memory seat function STILL moves the seat. Any ideas? thanks
  23. T

belt tensioner loose - shakes

for $60 ill try my luck here. The balancer looks to be ok. There was no seperation or anything. The truck actually feels like it has a miss but unable to sort anything out. The tentionser is ok when i raise rpm's, no more bounce.
  24. T

Rough idle and "Check Engine Soon" light - FIXED

i did the pcv valve no luck. I'm gonna just live with it.
Back