Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. 4

02 Transmission noises

Thanks, the X is mine, and plan on checking it soon.
  2. 4

02 Transmission noises

Yeah, I was the guy from your post who had it changed. I got my X late 01 and being a forester, I put a lot of miles on all my trucks. The noise isn't loud or bad. just different. This is the First auto Trans. that I have ever owned.
  3. 4

02 Transmission noises

I was wondering about the sound my 02 X makes when it changes gears. It is a little different than other Autos that I have driven. Kinda of like a whisper / whistle sound just before each shift. You can only hear it if everything in the Truck is off, (air / Cd). I may just be making myself hear...
  4. 4

'02 Exploerer Transmission Fluid Change

That was me, and when they changed the trans. fluid, they did it through the cooler just like any transmission fluid change. I am with you, Ford used Mercon V in the new 02 X's and to my knowledge, it is the same Mercon V as used in older X's, I plan on doing changes every 30 K. It never...
  5. 4

old doors fit new body style???

Man, I just don't see it, or ever thought it, Sorry, I wasn't trying to rip on you, I guess I was the dumb ass.
  6. 4

Just got stuck in the mud...no one to pull me out??

My father in law always says, 4wd will just get you stuck further from help. :D :D :D But he nor I would never Not have a 4wd
  7. 4

you mean, to tell me that the "doors " from an older x will fit not only the door jam, but match the whole body style and everything??
  8. 4

Uh No???? Where do you go to school?? Nevermind I don't want to know. Just kidding around
  9. 4

To much for a 92 sport?

I would pay 5K for it if it was as nice as you say it is. The rust would bother me, but that is beside the point.
  10. 4

why is my air bag light blinking?

Man, That is funny as hell, I am laughing with you not at you.:D
  11. 4

my valves tick

You guys aren't talking about the injectors cycling off and on, on the SOHC. :rolleyes:
  12. 4

2002 computer

I couldn't find it on the computer like I was told either, so I had the dealer get it off the computer, then I changed it to what I wanted it to be. I got mine used.
  13. 4

RPM's at 65MPH

Man, that's really good. I guess those Super Swampers really off set the 4.56 gears.
  14. 4

WTF my truck got keyed #$%*!

What ever, I never said it was funny that it happened, just some of the reactions. Take it or leave,
  15. 4

I would ***** and whine, but my insurance would cover most of it. I just keep getting a kick out of this "thug and homeboy stuff" Next thing I will hear is "I'm going to but a cap in my sisters, ex-bestfriends, brothers, friend's a$$." ;) Where i come from, you don't even have to lock...
  16. 4

Man, It's like I found a little boys chat room here. Grow up, Either do something about it or don't say anything about it. "I almost beat him up in the play ground" laughing my A$$ off here. Don't take me wrong, sorry to hear about the damage, but everything else is funny. You just don't...
  17. 4

RPM's at 65MPH

I was just wondering how many RPM's you guys are turning in your X's at 65 MPH, and I guess question relates to the folks with 5 speed auto. I pull around 1750 rpm at 65mph in OD T-converter locked Also I have 3.55 gears and LT265 75R 16 and get around 20 MPG on average?? and 23 on trips
  18. 4

'02 Transmission

I don't think so. I think it is the 5R55W5
  19. 4

'02 Transmission

I didn't know that it didn't need serviceing until 150K,
  20. 4

'02 Transmission

I contacted the dealership and spoke with a tech. You are right, it doesn't need serviceing, but doesn't hurt. Honestly, I am pissed, because they didn't tell me this, and I was unaware of the time line. Thanks for correcting me. But on a second note, You can still drop the pan if you want, and...
  21. 4

Cabin Air Filters

Does the 02 X's have Cabin Air filters? And if so where do you find it
  22. 4

'02 Transmission

Thats not what my manual says, Nor what my dealer told me. I will be changeing the engine oil tonight, I will look closer, but pan on the bottom has a drain and and can come off. When they changed my T-fluid, the just did it through the cooler. Unless the fact that mine is 4wd, I don't...
  23. 4

Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart!....cheap!

Abraxsis says "Im a serious computer geek who runs a small corporate networking firm, full time student (senior) majoring in Psychology, who's an amatuer grease monkey on the weekends. (Hows that for a mix?)" I self proclaimed grease monkey who doesn't change his own oil:D
  24. 4

'02 Transmission

Well I go almost 40K on my 02 and haven't had any problems, I had the fluid changed about 5K miles ago. They said that it ran pretty clean. I could be wrong here, but I think that you can have the pan revoved, but you are right, it is pretty enclosed. Not even a dip stick, for that reason, I...
  25. 4

Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart!....cheap!

Man, why would you let Walmart change your oil, all i hear is bad things abou there lube and tire center. Besides, when you change your own oil, it gives you time to bond and check your truck, just my Opinion. I just assumed that everbody on this forums change there own oil????
Back