Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. B

Battery Drain??

Ok , the Ex was in a fender bender, and I just had it repaired. Now if it sits over night, the battery goes dead. Already replaced the battery, and Alt, and am getting almost 16 volts at the battery when she runs. Is there a way I can check with the Volt/Ohm meter if there is a drain due to a...
  2. B

Theoretical Question for the Swap masters!!

Thanks 410, I was hoping you would answer this. So the drive shaft lengths will not change??
  3. B

Theoretical Question for the Swap masters!!

Say a guy had a donor BroncoII with a Mitsi 5 speed manuel, could this be swapped into a 95 Ex Sport , with a auto. ?? I mean the whole kit, manuel trasfer case and all?? I have one, and a O/D Off light flashing again an the Ex.
  4. B

95 explorer hick-ups

Go outside at 9pm, with all the lights off. Start the Explorer,pop the hood, and see if it looks like a lightning Storm. If it does, change the plug wires. Clasic signs. ;)
  5. B

Anyone know what part this is?....

Maybe the gas vapor canister for emissions. It collects the vapors coming off the gas tank, and takes care of them with charcoal in the canister. That would explain the gas smell.
  6. B

Mystery screeching noise on start up..

It's the starter, mine did the smae thing. Mine worked fine , but screeched like you said. New starter did the trick.
  7. B

'95 XLT Trany and 4wd questions

A little clarity....... even the stoutest 4x4 , most likely come with "open" differncials. When no wheels are slipping, power goes to all 4 wheels. As a wheel starts to slip, power is transfered to the wheel with least traction. Doesn't matter if its a Explorer, F350 Super Duty, Hummer...
  8. B

Me Too!!

Just got approoved. Here's a pic of the truckhttp://www.mudnuts.org/gallery/dalton04_tnt/aav 3" body lift, TT and shackles, 33x12.5x15 Wide Climbers, hypertech chip, cold air intake, flowmaster cat back exhuast., No-slip up front, lock-rite in the rear.
  9. B

Ah good fun..

Yea , that was the center one into the play area! The one to the left of that was the one that did the Mog in. He was extreemely top heavey.
  10. B

Ah good fun..

Did you see the red Explorer on 33's?? That was me . I was also the one who over heated on the way home on 390. Radiator was caked completely inside and out with mud. Had a great time though. This pic was after just the 1st hole!! http://www.mudnuts.org/gallery/dalton04_tnt/aav
  11. B

Unimog hate'in life!!

Who says they can go anywhere?? I was just in that hole 15 minuets before. This was at a Mudnuts event here in New York last weekend.http://www.mudnuts.org/gallery/dalton04_brian/abf Here's the Ex. Wainting to run the Hard trail. http://www.mudnuts.org/gallery/dalton04_brian/aaf
  12. B

Axle Seals anyone?

He would be hard pressed to get to the bolts enough to drain the fluid with out taking the Diff. Out! Best bet is to get a long section of clear hose and a hand pump and pump it out. as for the seals , they can be takin out with the diff. in the vehicle.
  13. B

Bronco II axel codes

Whole Bronco II, runs and all. Typical NE rust, but nothing not fixable. I like it because it has the manuel shift trasnfer case and manuel hubs. Its a 1988. Has the 2.9 also.
  14. B

Bronco II axel codes

Can someone give me the axel codes for the Bronco II?? I just aquired a free one in pretty good shape. Also, where do you guys find these?? Is there a site to go to?? Thanks;)
  15. B

V6 guys... what exhaust are you using?

Flowmaster 40, good low rumble outside, quiet on the inside.
  16. B

Cruise Control

Check the switch at the break pedal. There is a switch, that when you press the break, it tells the cruise to shut off so you can stop. It will be just above the break pedal, should be a plunger type switch. Mine went on my Wifes Tempo, and that was the fix!
  17. B

What axels are in the 97 F 150

My buddie was wanting to lock the front and rear of his 97 f150. What are the axels he has?? I always thought the trucks came with 9" rears , but his has a cover, and I was thinking that the Ford 9" had no cover, just a 3rd member. His front obviosly is IFS. Thanks;)
  18. B

Keep the Skunk? Yes or No?

One of the mian reasons I Chose an Explorer is the fact that they are unique when built up. Hell, anyone can build a Ford F series, or a chevy pick up. And Jeeps are a dime a Dz and about as worth as much. But a built Ex is awsome. Just my 2 cents.
  19. B

New with a couple suggestions needed.

Welcome Phade!! We are only 40 mins appart. If ya want help installing the exhaust , let me know. I will also echo the Flowmaster exhaust. Love mine.
  20. B

3 Inch body lift for ' 95 X

There are none for our trucks, but the PA kit number 853 works well, the only thing you'll need to work out are bumper brackets. Do a search or email me , I'll give a blow by blow of how it went for me.
  21. B

what front locker do you run

I actually have the Power Trax No-Slip and love it.
  22. B

How to: Manual Control for '95 -'96 Vacuum Disconnect Front Axles

JDraper...awsome write up!! If I may clarify for those who don't understand the front axel set up , and have never had their axels out..... On the front passenger side of the axel, there is a box of sorts. There, the passenger side axel out to the cv joint, is a two peice shaft. Now with the...
  23. B

STRONG catylist smell

I'd have to say she's running a bit rich, maybe a timing issue, but not to much you can do there. Also maybe a a TPS sensor??
  24. B

body removal

There is thread lock on the nutts , All ya need to do is heat the nutts a bit from the bottom, then hit them with a impact gun. Just did a body lift on mine and it worked great. Other wise they are a pain.The heat really works!!
  25. B

Need some brainstorming for the front axel???

MRBOYLE...... You are the MAN!!!! That was it, just went out for brake, and she's better then new. Gotta love working in a chemical plant, stainless steel bolts galore!! Thank you VERY MUCH. :D
Back