Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. T

WTB: 1991 parts

I no longer own my explorer. I sold it back in May.
  2. T

Spare wheel/tire cable?

I got one from a local junkyard, thanks though.
  3. T

Spare wheel/tire cable?

So when I bought my x, it didn't have a spare tire/wheel. I checked underneath, and the cable is all shredded. What do I need to do in order to get my new spare that I just bought put underneath? I need room because I am moving 1,200 miles away and want to have room to put my stuff inside and on...
  4. T

Wheels for 91

Ohh ok. I am only using one as a spare anyway without a center cap.
  5. T

Wheels for 91

Yes its a 4x4. What do you mean modify the center caps? The front only has the auto hubs and no center caps like the back.
  6. T

Wheels for 91

Will 15 inch wheels off a newer explorer fit my 91? I need a spare wheel badly and found a couple wheels off 1995 and newer explorers...
  7. T

What do you want to see in the Towing section?

I want to know what size the nuts/bolts are to hook up a trailer hitch to my 1991. I am searching and cannot find what I need.
  8. T

No gas pedal!

Oh, I checked for that, it wasn't that.
  9. T

No gas pedal!

Thanks. Hopefully it was just a fluke thing and won't happen again!
  10. T

No gas pedal!

Ok. Should it be easy to move it?
  11. T

No gas pedal!

The linkage looks fine. Throttle body sensor is intact....
  12. T

No gas pedal!

No, I have a 5 speed trans in my '91. I will check all the linkage.
  13. T

No gas pedal!

Where is the linkage hooked up at? It happened so suddenly I cant remember if the engine accelerated or not. The pedal felt loose... I just had had the manual trans fluid checked not even a month ago and they said it was full.
  14. T

No gas pedal!

So I was driving down a street when I came to a stop light...proceeded to start going through the stop light when all of a sudden I lost my gas pedal! No throttle at all! Pulled over, tried to start going again, nothing. I didnt have my tools with me because I was moving furniture. Called a...
  15. T

Coolant loss/temp gauge issues

Thanks. Yeah, I really like my 1st gen. It has character. It is also very old lol. At 23 years old, it needs alot of tlc. I will do what you suggested and buy one of those coolant pressure testers once I get some money.
  16. T

So I got a written estimate for repairs at the first shop I took it to because I was told by a good facebook friend I needed to get a written quote and also to find out if they can definitively diagnose the leak. He said theres no real way to tell for certain until he takes some of the stuff off...
  17. T

Nice one :)
  18. T

Lol! Good luck with that! Around here, people dump these explorers like crazy. Most often, the parts rigs I see on boise's craigslist are for rigs whose head gaskets are gone. Most ppl here apparently dont want to take the time and money to keep them running in good shape. Just like mine, it...
  19. T

Ok, I will check into finding one. So far I have not had any computer issues, just what Ive said here. Which is enough believe me. Good grief this coolant leak has had me more frustrated than I have ever been with my other 2 explorers Ive had! Ive never had this type of coolant leak.
  20. T

I didn't know they still made tools for our old OBD I systems. That's good news. That will be on my list of things to buy lol! I love my explorer. It's just OLD. LOL! Anything worth having takes a little TLC. It will get together, eventually. As for the stupid ass who put ATF in the brakes, I...
  21. T

Exactly! I have people telling me why the hell are you dumping money into a money pit? I told them, I OWN IT! Free and clear, I KNOW how to work on it for the most part, and I need something that I can haul stuff with. Mind you, I would MUCH rather have a F150 SVT Raptor, but hey, They are just...
  22. T

I might be able to do it myself, but I don't want to chance it. It's going in on Wednesday. I don't have access to emergency transportation should something go wrong, nor do I have any extra money...
  23. T

It has a new clutch and they replaced the transmission in it. And I am not a guy lol! I am fixing it up as I can. It is going to the shop Wednesday to get the leak fixed. No way am I junking it. It is the only transportation that I have and Im not about to finance another vehicle. My credit is...
  24. T

The 2nd shop told me that the leak is beyond using any stop leak, its not gushing out but its pretty bad.
  25. T

I bought this X back in January. Wasnt able to do anything to it until February, a month after I bought it. The previous owner didnt know the history of it cuz she told me she had inherited it from a relative who died. Not sure if its true or not, but anyways. She told me they replaced the...
Back