Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. F

Heated mirrors on 02 Sport

Anybody?
  2. F

Widest tires for 02 Sport......no mods

I would prefer something sporty looking......I kind of like the Cooper Cobra. Don't need an all terrain tire since I don't do any off roading, it's strictly a street truck.
  3. F

How Often Do You Wash Your X in Winter?

Probably about once or twice a month....they salt the roads here in Michigan pretty good....
  4. F

I'm not really sure what size I want yet, when I had my Mustang (see sig) I had 245's front and rear which worked really good considering when I got it (used off a chevy dealership) it came with 215's. I've also got a decent amount of tread left on the stockers so it should be a while before I...
  5. F

Anyone??
  6. F

Heated mirrors on 02 Sport

Are the mirrors on the 4dr the same size as those on the 2dr sport? I'm thinking of getting the signal/heated mirrors for my X. It sucks having ice on your mirrors. http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=2073 Also how hard would it be to install them.....would I need to...
  7. F

Taillight question

How about 02 Ranger taillights? Will they fit an 02 sport? And will 02 4dr taillights fit my 02 Sport? Anyone?
  8. F

What is the widest tire I could go with on my 02 Sport? Just wondering for when I need to replace the stockers. Thanks.
  9. F

Taillight question

I've seen a nice set of aftermarket taillights on Ebay that are for a 4d X and I've looked all over Ebay and can't find them for my 02 Sport......will 02 4dr taillights fit my 02 sport? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33716&item=7945264796&rd=1#ebayphotohosting
  10. F

Spark plug question

I was wondering when is it recommended to change the spark plugs on my 02 X Sport? The service schedule says not until 100,000 miles. Will they still come out at that mileage or should I change them sooner? :us:
  11. F

oem remote start won't work in single digit outside temps

Well, my wife had it installed while I was deployed from 02-03 and we can't find a receipt or anything with a model number. Regardless it's going back to the dealer probably when I take it in for them to finish fixing my liftgate struts that they never sent me recall info for. :fire:
  12. F

Heater not heating

I had an 89 Bronco II that had that problem, one of the hoses was plugged.....I'd say check the hoses and the heater core like MrShorty said.
  13. F

ALTEZZA TAIL LIGHTS Do you like them

How about these, says they are for the 02 ranger but I think they look pretty good....would they fit an 02 2dr X? http://www.slickcar.com/productdetails.asp?ProductID=2542 :thumbsup: :thumbdwn:
  14. F

No I haven't checked for loose wires, I wouldn't know where to start looking and besides I live in an apartment where the parking lot is covered in snow. Well, obviously I'd need to look at the starter, and there is a reciever on the inside of my windshield near the headliner so I'd need to...
  15. F

Sounds logical, I guess I will have to take to the dealership and see if there isn't something actually wrong with it. Maybe the battery is just low enough on juice for the remote start to not work but enpugh for it to start with the key in the ignition? Any one else? tia :us:
  16. F

I have a question regarding a remote start system I had installed at a Ford dealership......it works fine in the warm weather and even in the cold, but when the temp outside gets into the single digits the car won't start using the remote start. It will cycle the fuel pump on and off but won't...
  17. F

Exhaust options for 02 Sport

Any good places to get the whole cat back so I can compare prices with my local shop? Also are there different magnaflow mufflers (i.e. flowmaster 40 series, 50 series, etc)? So far looking around online I found a complete system for I think it said $400 which is way too much in my opinion...
  18. F

Exhaust options for 02 Sport

I was just wondering what kind of muffler/cat back everyone is using. I'm thinking about getting a magnaflow cat back but I really like the sound of the flowmaster someone posted. There is a local shop that uses magnaflow so I would probably lean towards magnaflow. Thanks.
  19. F

3rd brake light cover

Not quite what I had in mind but it will work. Thanks for the help. :)
  20. F

3rd brake light cover

When I got my 93 Mustang it had a cover on the third brake light that mad it light up "mustang".......anyone make anything like this for the Explorer? Haven't had much luck finding anything. Thanks.
  21. F

Automatic headlight question....

Just something I was considering, it's way too cold here in Michigan right now to do anything with it anyway. Thanks for the posts.
  22. F

Automatic headlight question....

I found automatic headlights for $73 on fordaccessories.com Anyone know what would be involved with installing them? Thanks in advance.
  23. F

5.0 VS. 4.6....Better???

Stang buildup If you are working on building up your Stang check out the corral.... www.corral.net You should be able to find your answer there, it's pretty much a Mustang only site. Good luck.
  24. F

Saleen Show this Saturday

02 X Sport....Wedgwood Blue (dark blue). I haven't been on Gratiot much since I lost my Mustang four months ago in a car accident.
  25. F

Saleen Show this Saturday

I saw the S7 here at the Woodward Dream Cruise in Detroit........pretty sweet car. $400,000 for it.....I think I'll buy two.;)
Back