Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Transmission Cooler Line - Connector

Used Cutting Disk I did this a few months ago and found the removal tool at O'Reilys as well. Unfortunately, I could not get it to disconnect. It just would not expand enough to free the connection. After several hours of trying to get it to disconnect, I gave up and just used a cutting disk...
  2. M

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Just my experience ... 50/50 I did both front bearings on my 03 XLS in 2008. I purchased some "cheap chinese" ones from an online source. I just had to replace them again. So 5 years on OEM, and 5 years on 1st set of chinese ones. Now for my experience on the second time around on the...
  3. M

Transmission issues and egr valve issue HELP

I purchased mine from my local Advance Auto Parts. I actually purchased online to get the online discount and picked up at the local store. The part number was EGR1814. Here is a link to the part. http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_egr-valve-bwd_20470717-p...
  4. M

Transmission issues and egr valve issue HELP

Had same P0401 code. I have an 08 EB with V6 and had same P0401 code and replaced the EGR valve last week. The EGR valve and sensor are all one unit and have to replaced together. The EGR valve on the 08 V6 is located on the passenger side of the engine just behind the throttle body. Just...
  5. M

2010 Eddie Bauer

From what I've read on the "rebate", it's not in addition to a trade-in, it's either or, not both. A vehicle used for the CARS rebate must be destroyed. So if you vehicle trade value is worth more than the $4500 max rebate, then go with the trade value. If you vehicle is worth less than...
  6. M

Sun Visor problems

Visors replaced 3 times I have a 08 Eddie Bauer purchased new in 1/08 that my wife drives and the visors have been replaced 3 times because the hinges on the cover over the lighted mirror break! I have personally witnessed the cover break 2 times on the passenger side. There was no rough...
  7. M

How I changed my 05's Front Wheel Bearing

Fixing to do mine. I'm fixing to do mine. I'd like to purchase the OEM Ford bearing and hub assemblies PotRoast mentioned. Would you please PM me the info of the seller. Thanks. ------------ 2003 XLS Sport - Back panel "Butt Crack" - Transmission Rebuild - A/C Leak Repair
  8. M

Hello, Great Site, Lots of good info.

Been reviewing the site for a couple of months. Finally joined. Great info.
Back