Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

radio placement?????

so before i rip apart the 99 sport i just got...... woo hoo new ex..... :D i wanna know if anyone has removed the vents above the radio spot and used that space to install the radio???? i wanna use the space below for my gps. i guess im just not sure if i could get enough space in there to fit...
  2. D

please help front end troubles

hey... so tires/wheels are stock size no lift and no recent work done... ive always had alittle noise when i turn real tight (ive had the truck about 3 years) but i make sure not to turn to tight and its been fine... the vibration just started acouple weeks ago and its been gettin worse... the...
  3. D

ok sooooo... dont know what i was thinkin but boots actually look ok i just went out to take a look.. i took a couple of sharp turns and it also kinda sounds like a "grindin" almost kinda hard to explain but it only happens when i turn real tight.. could anything else cause a steering wheel...
  4. D

great thanks, yeah its a clicking sound but it doesnt happen very often its more the shaking that happens all the time at low speeds. so yeah the boots are shot... now am i right in that i have to change the axle and do i need to do both at the same time??? thanks again Danny
  5. D

hi again... i am having problems with the front end making some noise if i turn to tight and i am also gettin a shaking in the steering wheel at low speeds.. ive been search the forum for awhile now and cant find what i need to know... please help i am outta time and broke???? the best i can...
  6. D

please help both cars stuck

cool thx for the reply ok so problem no.1..... is there anyway to check exactly what is bad?? i mean which side, axle, bearing etc. ???? problem no. 2...... yep looks like it was the caliper i cleaned it up and when i moved the car there was alittle resistance but it "broke free" took it for a...
  7. D

please help both cars stuck

hi all, so first my 95 4wd explorer might need new cv.. im gettin a bad shake at 30mph that goes away when i speed up and a clickin noise when i turn cv right???? how do i check to see exactlt what needs to be replaced??? is it the axle?? second sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but my...
  8. D

brake nightmare

ok so just failed my inspection cause the guy didnt like the way the lines were run..... i guess now that i gotta fix it i might as well do it right, can anyone point me in the right direction for changing brake lines and rebuilding calipers???? gotta be on the road monday so any help would be...
  9. D

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

hey all, ok first THANK YOU.... this post saved me about 300 bucks... well that is i think it did, so the 3 bolts that hold the hub in place are 100% stuck they are rounded out and completely frozen in place. any tips on getting these b****es out??? i tried heat pb for two days a really big...
  10. D

frozen liftgate.. won't open

so after alot of wasted time all i know is it is deffintly the latch. the rod that connects the two latches moves freely left and right but the latch will not open. isnt there anyone out there that can help :) Thanks again Danny
  11. D

frozen liftgate.. won't open

so todays problem, im trying to open my liftgate its been stuck since i got the truck the window opens and the inside panel is off also drivers side latch (on liftgate) is open. problem is pass. side is totally frozen closed. i had a simaliar problem with rear pass. door fixed that but it seems...
  12. D

code 631 help please.....

can someone please tell me how to fix this code????? ive had it for sometime now and its killin me thanks Danny
  13. D

cv joint or steering rack

hey guys thanks for the replies.. sorry for the delay in responding ive been working ALOT 18-20 hour days good money at least... so i havent had time to check anything yet i am gonna try for today are tuesday. but from the quick look i did take the boots look very shot so hopefully thats good...
  14. D

cv joint or steering rack

so i have search alot and found some great threads on replacement but none on how to tell what the problem is... the issue im havein is when i make a sharp turn im gettin a wierd sound from the front end almost like a gear slippin sound and i was told it sounds like a cv joint question is how...
  15. D

CV Front Prop Shaft Rebuild!!!

hey i cant see pics either.... i could really use this thread but i also need the pics.... anyone out there that can help???? maybe another similiar thread
  16. D

brake light and front end noise

great thx for all the input callin ford now...... as for cleaning the res any tips Danny
  17. D

ok awesome thanks for reply yeah fluid looks good but old... i'll flush it and as for cv boots yeah they look like s**t.... better then the rack any good links for the replacement?? Thanks again Danny
  18. D

hey all so my brake light keeps coming on and off started the other day the first real cold day of the year and seems to come on mostly when its real cold out. brakes are working fine fuild level is good but when i checked the fuild i noticed that there was some kinda sensor on the res. that...
  19. D

need some help

hey guys thanks for the replies... yeah instant ain't gonna cut it, id rather drink warm left over beer from the nite before.:p: lol we always do the percolator (me and the wife camp at least 2x a month) but we are going with all the in laws something like 20 in all and i just figured it be...
  20. D

need some help

hello all so i am very short on time going for a week long camping trip tomorrow and i am looking to run the coffee maker off an inverter. i did some searching and if im right it looks like i'd nee a 1000 watt inverter... im i crazy or does that sound like way to much???????? anyway as i said i...
  21. D

what a week starter solinoid question

ok so i am having a terrible week and today is about all i can take. long story short i got screwed at work and lost 2 days pay got a new printer it was broken and they wont exchange it wifes pt crusier got a new ps pump installed a couple of weeks ago and on the way to work she lost power...
  22. D

please help battery problems

hey thanks for the links i did actually read them and well that's when i posted this thread..what i need to know is what should the volts at the battery be??? is 12.3 to low i have read that it should be between 12.5 and 12.7
  23. D

cool thanks again for the replies.. so then what should the volts read at the battery is 12.3 too low??? also i didnt even think about craigslist thanks for the reminder
  24. D

hey thanks for the reply i guess i figured that so would the charger say its fully charged and good to go if the battery is bad??? also when i check the volts with a tester at the battery i get 12.3 is that right??? i cant get to the parts store if she don't start......:roll: always something...
  25. D

yeah i guess i figured the battery was shot... two things though can i still jump start it if the battery is shot and also wouldnt my charger not charge a bad battery??? thx again
Back