Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. J

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

I have a 96 but the 302 im building needs some things... what about the accssories off a v8 explorer? It and a sn95 mustang shared the same accssories when it had a 302
  2. J

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

The first post said u had mustangs....which years? And are the parts avalible from them as well?
  3. J

Toggle Switch found....

I say try it but make sure u have a window down incase it is for the alarm/remote start
  4. J

Toggle Switch found....

Other than turning it off and see what happens ur only other choice is trace the wires and see what its wired to
  5. J

Sub woofer upgrade???

im doing this as well. the plan is to get it done today. im using the factoey box i got out of the junk yard, adding a JL 8" sub and using my own amp
  6. J

Very Squeaky Front End Suspension

Another way to check that's free is: Get some pipe or pole of some sort Take a jack and jack up one side by the lower a arm Slide the pipe or pole under the tire and pry up Have a friend watch the balljoints to see if the spindle moves up and down with the a arm not moving If one or both...
  7. J

Very Squeaky Front End Suspension

just had this same problem on my 01 XLT...the lower balljoints were TRASH...i replaced them last saturday(i dont work weekends so no labor cost) and the squeak was gone. hope this helps
  8. J

4r70w problems

Usually right befor the tail shaft and at least on the last auto I tore apart (a 700r4/4L60) everything had to come out of the case.....im not sure about a 4R70 though. Hope this helps even though its bad news
  9. J

4r70w problems

Sounds like the parking paw isn't engauging
  10. J

Headunit Wiring Question

i have an 01 4dr, and i picked up a scosche harness for it. now my stock HU is AM/FM/CD/CASS but the truck does not have a sub. it DOES have rear controls though. 1 plug does match while the other-squareone- doesnt match the new harness. this appears to be the white plug from above....do i just...
  11. J

Wanted rims and tires for my 01 sport

I have cobra R's on my mustang and thought REALLY hard about putting them on my explorer lol
  12. J

Wanted rims and tires for my 01 sport

From what I've seen mustang 17" wheels fit but if have 4wd u have to get spacers for the front
  13. J

5.8 Engine swap

96 and 97 3/4 ton and one tone vans and truck were IIRC
  14. J

just bought another explorer have alot of questions

ive read on a lot of mustang forums ( and starting a 5.0 conversion on my own mustang) that the 94-95 v8 mustangs and the 5.0 explorers had the SAME front dress
  15. J

whats up people

hey my name is jordan, im a mechanic and i just picked up my 01 XLT. i got a pretty good deal on it so im happy about that and that i got an explorer, as i have always like the 2nd generations. i also own a 1996 mustang that i put a lot of time and money into, but is now sitting due to the fact...
Back