Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. S

Oil Change

sweet, thanks bro!!!!
  2. S

Oil Change

Ok, don't laugh at me for this... I'm not mechanically inclined when it comes to cars but I'd like to start doing my own oil changes on my truck. Can anyone give me some tips/instructions to help me out. I have a 01 Sport please include how much oil and what type of filter and oil I...
  3. S

window rain gaurds

yep, just picked mine up there yesterday!! :D
  4. S

window rain gaurds

20 view and no answer? nobody knows out there?:confused:
  5. S

window rain gaurds

anyone know a good online store that sells the rain gaurds for the windows for my 01 explorer sport? I hate when the damn rain gets inside my truck:mad: ;)
  6. S

Bondo work?

sweet, thanks!!!
  7. S

Bondo work?

can it be done without putting metal in there?
  8. S

Bondo work?

I was hoping someone could give me some help/tips on doing a small bondo job! My grandmother has a small rust hole in the door of her old sentra and needs to have it repaired before it passes inspection so I'd like to fix it for her to save her some money! She's not looking for it to look...
  9. S

01+ Sport owners!

Well, I haven't done any body mods but I installed my system a couple weeks ago and it sounds nice... you are all tempting me to buy a new unit so I can have ps2 in my sport :eek:
  10. S

How to get wires inside front door....?

I drilled a VERY small hole in next to the black clip..worked great!
  11. S

HELP ME ASAP please

doh, this sucks.... there were also two extra clips that plug into the back of the stock HU and those are not being used... basically I got the wiring harness from a local store, connected everything.. and no sound... WTF:confused:
  12. S

HELP ME ASAP please

it's an eclipse deck which I know works I just took it out of my old car... I'm sure it has to do with the truck having an amp but no lead to connect the remote to....ahhhhh this sucks
  13. S

HELP ME ASAP please

I just picked up the wiring harness and connected everything up but I get no sound. My guess was there is an amp in the truck BUT the harness I picked up is the correct one but there is no amp turn on wire.... it's a 2001 explorer sport in case you need to know... has anyone had this...
  14. S

Alarms

good point :p
  15. S

Alarms

so that pretty much screws the "oh ****, my keys are in the truck, oh well, I'll just use the keypad" theory :D that sucks
  16. S

Alarms

will alarms affect the code function to unlock the doors? I'm looking to get the viper 550 package that comes with the alarm and remote starter but I'm hoping it doesn't affect that function
  17. S

Wiring speaker

yeah, that sounds like the best way :thumbsup: sorry for all the questions ;)
  18. S

Premium Audio?

It doesn't sound like I do but then again, I'm used to that loud BOOM noise :D I'll check later but that sounds like an easy way to tell! Thanks bro!!!
  19. S

Wiring speaker

but did you use an amp? How would you go about using the factory wire if there is an amp involved? I guess you could go either directly from the speaker to the amp or you could use factory wire for the speaker connection and then you could tap off the factory wire behind the radio and take...
  20. S

Wiring speaker

I was wondering what any of you thought would be the best way to wire front and rear speakers to an amp? Me, I would think take the wire directly from the speaker to the output of the amp and boom...you're done but I was wondering if anyone does it different...ie..using factory installed...
  21. S

Premium Audio?

How can I determine if I have the premium audio system in my sport? I need to know so I can buy the right wiring harness but I'm unsure.... thanks
  22. S

Installation links

ok, lets talk about this for a second... so yesterday I went to home depot to pick up some supplies to get ready for the install and when I went for the MDF (1/2") it seemed to be too thick so I chose to go with 1/4" hardboard.... do you think that will be ok? I hope so!!! I also picked...
  23. S

Best door speakers???

I asked the same thing.... I was told by another board member to go to home depot or someplace similar and pick up some MDF (medium density fiberboard) 1/2" thick and cut that out to match I'd say the best way is to trace the existing speaker on the board, cut it out, also use the new...
  24. S

Best door speakers???

yeah, I say make some adapter plates! I'm going to try that this weekend, I hope it turns out good ;)
  25. S

Installation links

Thanks for the heads up... I plan on picking up a "clip" removal tool as well as a the radio removal tool if I can find one so that should help a bit! I will take my time and hopefully I won't break anything! I'm not looking forward to the installation that's for sure...I need to make some...
Back